Bleeding sore on nose - should I be worried?

Birdboo

May 3, 2021
Australia
Parrots
6 budgies
Milo, Sunny, Candy, Bluey, Bingo, Muffin
My baby cockatiel has a sore in between his nostrils and it was bleeding earlier but now has stopped.
It is not seeming to affect him as he is playing and being destructive as usual.
I am wondering whether I should be worried and try to see a vet or just leave it.
Please help me as I only got my baby yesterday

:grey:

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh your poor baby, do you know how he hurt himself? Did he even do it at the shop/breeder that you got him from perhaps?

Being the Queen of Paranoia that I am (!) I'd likely err on the side of caution and get him checked out. If I recall rightly the part of Australia that you live in, there are some excellent avian vets available, and the following link may help you to locate them...

It's generally a good idea to have any new bird checked out for other various health issues if they're a new arrival anyway, in order to get a baseline of health early and to nip any potential nasties in the bud, so perhaps you can have all of that done at the same time.

Wishing the best of luck to you and your new baby, I hope he will be ok 🤞

OP
Birdboo

Birdboo

May 3, 2021
Australia
Parrots
6 budgies
Milo, Sunny, Candy, Bluey, Bingo, Muffin
Oh your poor baby, do you know how he hurt himself? Did he even do it at the shop/breeder that you got him from perhaps?

Being the Queen of Paranoia that I am (!) I'd likely err on the side of caution and get him checked out. If I recall rightly the part of Australia that you live in, there are some excellent avian vets available, and the following link may help you to locate them...

It's generally a good idea to have any new bird checked out for other various health issues if they're a new arrival anyway, in order to get a baseline of health early and to nip any potential nasties in the bud, so perhaps you can have all of that done at the same time.

Wishing the best of luck to you and your new baby, I hope he will be ok 🤞
I think he may have done it at the breeder but he could have bumped it on the cage or something like that. I will wait a few days and if it does not scab over and start healing than i will try and get him to an avian vet.
Thank you so much for the response.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
You're most welcome. And congratulations on the new addition by the way. Does he have a name yet?

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwww, very cute, I like it! Welcome to the flock, Poki, glad to have you aboard :)

Most Reactions