Blonde budgie?

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Yoda, Green Cheek Conure - Trigger, Congo African Grey
Hi everyone!
I'm working on a plushy for a customer who hasn't been able to send me a picture. Unfortunately for us both, I'm pretty confused about how the coloration of the Budgie should be. My customer has described her budgie as a "Blonde" budgie, yellow with a little green on the wings. I've scoured the net, but I haven't found any pictures showing a budgie that is all yellow with green only on the wings, nor have I found anything called a Blonde Budgie.

It's possible her budgie has green on the wings and perhaps elsewhere, but I really don't know what sort of color patterns are possible on budgies. I'm also not sure what black spot/stripe patterns are typical with yellow budgies.

If anyone could possibly put pictures into this thread to help me, I'd be so very very grateful.

Please post any pictures you have (or have found) of yellow budgies (aka parakeets for some 'Mericans) that could help me visualize this.

THANK YOU!!!

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
I went down a worm hole on this one.

I found an article that could help. Click Here

I cannot find a Budgie pic as described by your customer.

Last edited:
OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
I went down a worm hole on this one.

I found an article that could help. Click Here

I cannot find a Budgie pic as described by your customer.

Well that's super helpful!! Thank you! I think I can put something together based on that information and the vague info I've gotten from my customer. Seems like she MIGHT have a Texas Clearbody.

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Maybe something like this? (IF IF when she said "blonde" she meant "yellow.')

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a yellow budgie with some pale green showing thru on the wings... this is what I pictured reading your description.

Obviously though, probably best to get a picture of some kind before you put in the effort and then maybe find out it was wrong? (Or, at least get her to verify whether she does indeed mean "yellow" when she says "blonde," before you get started.)

OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
Maybe something like this? (IF IF when she said "blonde" she meant "yellow.')

maxresdefault.jpg

It's a yellow budgie with some pale green showing thru on the wings... this is what I pictured reading your description.

Obviously though, probably best to get a picture of some kind before you put in the effort and then maybe find out it was wrong? (Or, at least get her to verify whether she does indeed mean "yellow" when she says "blonde," before you get started.)

Yes, I think that's probably what she was trying to communicate to me. I think perhaps english isn't her first language so we're having a little trouble on that front. Still, her english is far better than my Any-language-but-english. :)

Ceri

Aug 6, 2020
Bozeman, MT
Parrots
Jade & Jasper - Meyers - Adopted from Rescue - estimated age is 5 or 6.
@Squeek - I'll reply to your message as soon as I hit my target of 20 posts. Just wanted to let you now so you didn't think I was ignoring you. I'm at 15 currently, so now I am off to find some posts to comment on LOL

OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
No problem :) Thank you for your helpful responses on this thread.

And thank you Laurasea!!

My PF family rocks. :)

OP
Squeekmouse

Squeekmouse

May 31, 2017
Illinois
Parrots
If anyone is curious, here's how my mystery budgie came out. :)

squeekmouse-albums-other-stuff-picture22758-budgie.png

HEEDLESS

Supporting Member
Nov 9, 2018
Media
US
Parrots
Eclectus: SI. Vosmaeri
"KISE" She was born in Jan, 2018.
"Akashi" He hatched 07/13/2021.
]

ME WANT........ a special custom made of KISE... PLEASE!!!!

PM you right now.... :D ;)

**CHUUUUUUU*

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Heedless I can't wait to see that!! KISE is such a beautiful inspiration!!! I git one made of my Neptune a d I love it!!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts