no blood in the cage or bleeding
might be a blood feather ?
what can i do about it
also he is always scratching him self

m9FsBmy

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
If it's a blood feather, check to see if it seems to have clotted itself. If so, leave it for now but keep a close eye on it. The risk is that they can break open and if that happens again, you might consider pulling it...but only if it keeps causing issues. How much blood is there?

OP
S

SourceM7

Dec 25, 2020
there is no bleeding
the amount of blood is very little that i didnt noticed until i looked up his wing
i just showered him today with the spray to get him clean from the blood on his feathers
he is doing fine and all but im wondering if i need to sanitize the blood area incase of infection.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
there is no bleeding
the amount of blood is very little that i didnt noticed until i looked up his wing
i just showered him today with the spray to get him clean from the blood on his feathers
he is doing fine and all but im wondering if i need to sanitize the blood area incase of infection.

Personally, I would leave it alone (as any intervention could disrupt the natural clotting process). Others may disagree, but I'd leave it alone unless it starts bleeding again.

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
Always scratching himself is unusual. What part if the world are you from? How long have yiu had him?

Most Reactions