Blood spot on feather

Lila Rio Rico

Apr 13, 2022
Parrots
Rico Rio
Hi, Iā€™m looking for some advice. So my budgie Rio has suddenly gotten a blood spot on the underside of his wing, he is fairly new and quite timid so I canā€™t lift his wing to check it properly, the only reason I saw it in the first place is because he was flying around. Iā€™ve tried bribing him with some millet and attempted to lift his wing but he gets scared every time and wonā€™t let me. Iā€™ve read about the feathers that can cause them to bleed a lot but I donā€™t think itā€™s that, as heā€™s had it for a day now and itā€™s only small. I know I could try catch him in a towel but I really would rather use that as a last resort as he is still young and very wary around us, and if preferable I donā€™t want to undo the weeks of taming Iā€™ve done unless I really have to. I do have a photo but it is extremely poor quality that I still canā€™t see whatā€™s wrong with his wing properly, I can post the photo if you think itā€™ll help be I doubt itā€™ll help much at all. All I can see is that itā€™s not bright red itā€™s brown, like dried blood.

Henderbird

Apr 7, 2022
Canada
Parrots
Munchkin the Sun Conure!
Oooh it may have been a small injury perhaps? Like something could have poked him.
Or maybe there was a broken blood feather and the blood stain was there until it eventually dried.

OP
L

Lila Rio Rico

Apr 13, 2022
Parrots
Rico Rio
Oooh it may have been a small injury perhaps? Like something could have poked him.
Or maybe there was a broken blood feather and the blood stain was there until it eventually dried.
We have a perch on the outside, there is a metal screw that sticks inside but it isnā€™t very sharp at all, maybe he fell of his perch and caught himself? My budgies are a bit clumsyā€¦ other than that Iā€™m not sure what he could have caught it on

Most Reactions

Latest posts