Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Didn't see this coming but Sunny and Griffen are dead.

My mom found them dead after she came home from dropping me off at school. She usually feeds them in the mornings since I'm too busy to.

I'm assuming the fungal infection killed them. They were starting to look better and I really thought they were. But I guess I was wrong.

I'm not sure how to feel. The emotions will probably hit me in a few days. This week has been hell, with both school and life, and this just made it worse honestly.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Oh no, @BirdyBee, I'm so sorry to hear this awful news! Please accept my deepest and most heartfelt condolences, I know how much your feather babies mean to you. Their cherished memories will be etched on your heart forever though, and nothing will ever erase those. Sending you hugs and comfort, @BirdyBee, I'm so sorry for your loss 💔💔

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Oh my gosh.

Ané… I am so sorry. This is so tragic and I can’t even imagine the pain of losing two beloved birds in such a short timespan. Take care of yourself and remember there was nothing that could be done. You gave them a perfect life and that’s what matters.

HUGE hugs. Fly high sweet birdies. 🫂

Bossandbooboo

Mar 5, 2024
Parrots
Lovebirds

My mom found them dead after she came home from dropping me off at school. She usually feeds them in the mornings since I'm too busy to.

I'm assuming the fungal infection killed them. They were starting to look better and I really thought they were. But I guess I was wrong.

I'm not sure how to feel. The emotions will probably hit me in a few days. This week has been hell, with both school and life, and this just made it worse honestly.
I’m so sorry, my condolences to your family and you for your birds

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Oh Honey, I'm so, so sorry for your loss. It's hard enough losing one, and losing two at once would be devastating. They had such a wonderful and happy life with you, and you did all you could for them.
May their memories be a blessing🙏

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels

Aww two of them at once, that's harsh, my condolences

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
“All of us feel such deep sadness when our Parrot friends die, and because they are Animals and not Humans, we are at a loss for words. Often, it is only other Parrot owners who can understand the depth of the loss that we feel with this complex, loyal, and loving creature. Resulting from such a loss, I have placed feelings and emotions into words and found verse to console the loss of my Cleo and since her, other sweet Amazons, in turn; I hope it will speak for all of you.” - Steven (SailBoat)
You left this world so quickly. I can hardly comprehend your leaving. Yet there, in my hands, your still body rested — no longer your home. So much I have learned, so much you have taught, your purpose a full measure beyond your size. Comprehensions of your loss still a mist but yet, I know you are whole and happy - now beyond Rainbow Bridge. And so busy you must be upon your green wings, guiding angles to those of us yet to cross. Within my ear, I still hear you, those special sweet sounds of comfort and contentment:

“Do not stand by my grave and weep my friend.
I am not here. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle summer rain.
When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry my friend.
I am not there. I did not die.”

My pray for you my beloved feathered friend:

“May your body nourish this earth.
May your soul find release and contentment.
May you fly high and free upon wings of spirit.
Rest in peace little green one.”

The love and tender warmth of you is a un-full-fill-able void.
I do so much thank-you for creating a space for another, a special place next to yours’.

In remembrance of Cleo, (Estimated) Spring 1959 - May 2003
Amazon’s Have More Love!

"Passing of a Feathered Friend"
Provided By: Steven (SailBoat), November 2016

Sources: Cheyenne Warrior Blessing, The Amazona Society’s Forum, Steven (SailBoat)

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
“All of us feel such deep sadness when our Parrot friends die, and because they are Animals and not Humans, we are at a loss for words. Often, it is only other Parrot owners who can understand the depth of the loss that we feel with this complex, loyal, and loving creature. Resulting from such a loss, I have placed feelings and emotions into words and found verse to console the loss of my Cleo and since her, other sweet Amazons, in turn; I hope it will speak for all of you.” - Steven (SailBoat)
You left this world so quickly. I can hardly comprehend your leaving. Yet there, in my hands, your still body rested — no longer your home. So much I have learned, so much you have taught, your purpose a full measure beyond your size. Comprehensions of your loss still a mist but yet, I know you are whole and happy - now beyond Rainbow Bridge. And so busy you must be upon your green wings, guiding angles to those of us yet to cross. Within my ear, I still hear you, those special sweet sounds of comfort and contentment:

“Do not stand by my grave and weep my friend.
I am not here. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the gentle summer rain.
When you wake in the morning hush, I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry my friend.
I am not there. I did not die.”

My pray for you my beloved feathered friend:

“May your body nourish this earth.
May your soul find release and contentment.
May you fly high and free upon wings of spirit.
Rest in peace little green one.”

The love and tender warmth of you is a un-full-fill-able void.
I do so much thank-you for creating a space for another, a special place next to yours’.

In remembrance of Cleo, (Estimated) Spring 1959 - May 2003
Amazon’s Have More Love!

"Passing of a Feathered Friend"
Provided By: Steven (SailBoat), November 2016

Sources: Cheyenne Warrior Blessing, The Amazona Society’s Forum, Steven (SailBoat)
Thank you for this 🤗

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Just buried the two... can't believe they're gone. It happened so quick 😕
After a little while I get the feeling of gratitude and pleasure in having had such a special relationship with a parrot. I hope these feelings come your way too

OP
BirdyBee

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
20240211_134352.jpg

This was the last pic I took of the birds.. I have a few videos but the quality isn't great. I wish I took more pics than I did, I was just very busy

Most Reactions