Bran and Oat birdie bread (Kyo eats it!)

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Hey everyone,
Last night I came up with a recipe for birdie bread. I made little muffins and a loaf, and I think the loaf was the easiest as the muffins kind of stick to the papers. I thought I would share anyways, as Kyo is going through a molt and I figured others would need a little booster too.

Oatmeal Bran Muffins

Ingredients:
1/2 cup oats
1/2 cup bran
1/2 cup un-toasted wheat germ
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3 teaspoons baking powder
1 jar of baby food
2 eggs
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 and 1/2 cup unsweetened natural apple juice

Just a note,
if you find your mixture a bit runny just add a few more oats to thicken it up.

You can also add some flax, or dried fruits and nuts.

Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix well with large spoon.

Then add wet ingredients and mix until it is blended well. If your consistency is too runny, add some more oats.

Spoon into cupcake pan or bread loaf pan and bake in pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes for muffins, or approximately 50 minutes for a loaf of bread. Ovens vary and bread should be done when toothpick or butter knife is inserted and comes out clean without any batter clinging.

Thoroughly cool before serving. Can be frozen in freezer bags and thawed as need each day.

Makes about 12 large size muffins or one loaf of bread.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Thanks for sharing your recipe, it sounds yummy. We'll need a photo of Kyo taste testing, please!

OP
Kyoto

Kyoto

Mar 18, 2015
Media
Halifax, NS, Canada
Parrots
Kyoto (AKA Kyo)-Green Cheek Conure
Charlie - Canary
Tommy - Budgie
Sunny - budgie
Thanks for sharing your recipe, it sounds yummy. We'll need a photo of Kyo taste testing, please!

I will do my best! I left some in her cage, and she devoured all of it by the time I got home from work!

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Hey I can find all those ingredients in NZ! Thank you!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts