Breathing issue, please help?

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
So my one 7 year old parrotlet has had this issue for a long time. So about two months ago i started to hear my bird breathe like whistle. Ive Said this before on this forum but i dont know what is cuasing this. She doosent seem sick at all. Sometimes i just hear her breathe. She is not having her mouth open, No tailbobbing No discharge, No changes in poop and voice. She is playful wagging her tail when she sees me. But this issue stared as she is also moltig. But its just weird if she was sick she would show symptoms but it has been a while and No symptoms at all. I want to call a vet but my parents wont let me. Whe have a humidifier tho. She breathes like this after she has taken a chill moment, and after she is active agin i hear this whistly noise.

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Commonly, one would set an appointment with an Avian Vet as what you are defining is related to issues with the breathing passage. That can be caused by either an infection of the air sacks (lungs) or sinuses.

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Commonly, one would set an appointment with an Avian Vet as what you are defining is related to issues with the breathing passage. That can be caused by either an infection of the air sacks (lungs) or sinuses.
but can this be treated by an avian vet? I convinced my dad that i will try to make a appointment today!

Last edited:
OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
Got a vet appointment next thursday avilibale!
but can this be treated by an avian vet? I convinced my dad that i will try to make a appointment today

OP
J

Josefin

Jul 27, 2022
Parrots
Two parrotlets
THank your dad profusely and hope the Vet can shed some light on this condition.
Yes im very grateful that he finally took this thing seriosly, my bird dosen’t not look bothered by this but i wanna make sure that she is okay!

Most Reactions

Latest posts