Breeder help

festivewhit

Jul 15, 2019
San Diego
Parrots
Male Solomon Island Eclectus
Hi All...new to this forum, but am very glad I found it. I had a male SI ekkie for 20 years, and just lost him two months ago to cancer. Hardest loss I have experienced in a very long time. I am going to start looking for a new baby boy, as I just can't imagine my life without one...it's way too quiet...LOL. Hoping for input regarding breeders in the US. Any great or terrible experiences? Want the right one, and am happy to wait as long as necessary. Thanks for any help!

Ellie777Australia

Apr 12, 2019
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
SI Eclectus Female, Ellie; RS/SI Eclectus Male, Bertie (both adopted as rescue/re-home)
Welcome to the forum festivewhit, but sad to hear the circumstances behind you joining. My condolences on the loss of your beloved Eclectus.

Our Super Moderator Scott is from San Diego. I'll send him a PM to see if he can point you in the right direction.

Please stay in touch once you have your new baby. He will never replace your lost beloved but the silence will no longer be deafening. Enjoy the treasured memories as you move forward to creating the new.

Last edited:

itzjbean

Jan 27, 2017
Media
Iowa, USA
Parrots
2 cockatiels
There is no shortage of Ekkie breeders here in the US!

The tough part is finding one that doesn't just pump out bird after bird for the money. I have found my birds from birdbreeders.com and hoobly.com if you watned to try an online approach first! The locations can be changed to search just in your area too.

Good luck!

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome, thanks for joining! My deepest condolences for the loss of your Ekkie.

I used to have a friend in Escondido who bred Ekkies, but she has retired. Hopefully you can find a local source, but I'm not aware of availability.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
Hi and welcome to the forum. This is great place filled with wonderful,caring,and personable members from all over the world. My deepest condolences for the loss of your Ekkie:eek: There are quite a few members here with Ekkies who may be able to help you with your search.
And just a F.Y.I. I ADORE those Ekkie faces!!! So dang cute lol.

Jim

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Welcome aboard festivewhit, my condolences on your loss. Like you I also found this forum after the premature loss of my treasured baby boy and have found comfort and healing from the enormous well of compassion and wisdom here.

If I may make a suggestion, don’t limit your search to just the one species. There are so many beautiful birdies out there who need a loving home, and many in rescue facilities too. And as you probably already know, when the moment comes, the “right” bird will be the one who chooses you.

I wish you luck with your search and hope you will update us when your new addition arrives.

Most Reactions

Latest posts