Breeders?

Trainerisis

Mar 23, 2022
Parrots
Jenday
Iā€™ve been searching for a good breeder for a caique. I found a breeder close to me but im not sure I should go with her because she lives in the same state. But I feel like it would stress a caique out to be ā€˜shippedā€™. From the research Iā€™ve done, Iā€™d only use delta. They seem to have the safest accommodations. Also, Iā€™ve seen mixed info on how much a caique should cost to adopt (purchase).
Iā€™d love some opinions.

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Well if I was in your case I would
i would go to a pet store or bird rescue to try and find caique

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Look at rescues first, youā€™re bound to find someone. If nothing pops up, just wait. Breeders should be a last resort.

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
I dont know why but it's like there are less and less birds available....used to be you could find anything. Now it's harder and more expensive. I guess more hand raised birds and less allowed to be imported? IDK a caquie is not a good choice though unless you basically work from home. And they poop a lot.

Also it's almost the season might be another month they have to be weened first.

Gigiparrot

Mar 31, 2022
Parrots
BHC
I dont know why but it's like there are less and less birds available....used to be you could find anything. Now it's harder and more expensive. I guess more hand raised birds and less allowed to be imported? IDK a caquie is not a good choice though unless you basically work from home. And they poop a lot.

Also it's almost the season might be another month they have to be weened first.
A WHC is my only choice. Yes don't work. They're running $3700. Already have BHC.

zkwentz

Nov 4, 2018
Dallas
Parrots
Elphaba, Caique, Yellow Thigh
Timber, Caique, Black Capped
For what it's worth, we have two Caiques, Elphie and Timber here in Texas and because of where we are moving to in New York, we can no longer keep them. I like that you are worried about stress with travel, I've done some research with the vet and we know the requirements for them to fly. I think the only way is to take them in their birdie backpacks on a night flight and have them fly up in the cabin with me.

They are super good birds, very social, out of the cage everyday, and have yearly check ups. They would need to go as a pair, you can see more about them on their instagram account.

If you, or anyone on the thread are interested, we're needing a good home for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts