Breeding a green cheek conure with a pineapple conure

Conurelover12

Feb 14, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure pineapple conure
Has anyone bred a green cheek conure with a pineapple conure? If so what was your experience and is there anything I need to know that would be helpful? I have experience with breeding just haven't bred conures yet that's why I'm asking about people's experiences 🙂

Last edited:

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I don't really recommend breeding birds unless you are an experienced bird owner, have had them taken for testing, etc.

Breeding is just too risky.

Owlet

Oct 27, 2016
Colorado
Parrots
Lincoln (Eclectus), Apollo (Cockatiel), Aster (GCC)
I ditto not breeding if you havent mentored under someone. And not to be rude, but especially if you dont know the species you are breeding. Pineapple conures are just a color mutation of the green cheek conures. pineapple conures are the species greencheek conure. pineapple is just a color.

OP
Conurelover12

Conurelover12

Feb 14, 2022
Parrots
I ditto not breeding if you havent mentored under someone. And not to be rude, but especially if you dont know the species you are breeding. Pineapple conures are just a color mutation of the green cheek conures. pineapple conures are the species greencheek conure. pineapple is just a color.
I know it's just a color mutation and I have bred birds before just not the GCC so I have experience with breeding.

OP
Conurelover12

Conurelover12

Feb 14, 2022
Parrots
I don't really recommend breeding birds unless you are an experienced bird owner, have had them taken for testing, etc.

Breeding is just too risky.
I have experience with breeding birds just not with conures.

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I have experience with breeding birds just not with conures.
ok, that's good! well, then I guess you should wait for some other conure breeders for advice! I was just making sure as a lot of inexperienced owners just want to go ahead and breed their birds.

Good luck!

OP
Conurelover12

Conurelover12

Feb 14, 2022
Parrots
ok, that's good! well, then I guess you should wait for some other conure breeders for advice! I was just making sure as a lot of inexperienced owners just want to go ahead and breed their birds.

Good luck!
I understand and thanks!

Most Reactions

Latest posts