BREEDING

Cierra.varela

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Can I breed a yellow sided to another color mutation of green cheek? Such as pineapple?

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
I think so, yeah. But why are you wanting to breed them?

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Hi! Seriously reconsider any breeding of parrots. There are so many ways for a hatch to go wrong, especially for some one trying for the first time. If you decide to proceed, please contact a responsible local breeder to help you and offer sound advice. We just had a very unfortunate instance with a member trying to raise a newly hatched parrot, which ended very sadly.

OP
C

Cierra.varela

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Hi! Seriously reconsider any breeding of parrots. There are so many ways for a hatch to go wrong, especially for some one trying for the first time. If you decide to proceed, please contact a responsible local breeder to help you and offer sound advice. We just had a very unfortunate instance with a member trying to raise a newly hatched parrot, which ended very sadly.
It will be a while before I start at least a year. I am friends with a local breeder and have asked her questions and I will be doing one research and such before I even start. I don't want to just jump in with no knowledge at all. I do appreciate this though. Being informed and having prior experience are better than risking lives not knowing what I'm doing.

OP
C

Cierra.varela

Jan 11, 2022
Parrots
Green cheek conure
Yup, definitely a good idea to research before breeding any animal and to speak with ethical breeders. I lost my sweet show budgie because of not researching enough and not being the right kind of person to breed(Obviously a kid breeding birds is a bad idea!
Are you a kid or are you saying I am one?

Most Reactions

Latest posts