Brucie boy has a bad wing :(

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
My Bruce has never been a good flier - wether he had had a bad clip previous or something like that we will never know! But he's just never been a good flying bird.

Anywho, a few weeks ago (as he does 'fairly' often) he clipped his wing against something (the side of the cage flying in a panic probably) or something whilst he was outside flying... badly. Anywho, normally I clean it up with a bit of hot water and salt and a cotton bud etc. and keep an eye on it. This time however, during the move, he splashed blood everywhere and I cleaned it and have been checking on it... still not seemed to have 'healed', it's still blood stained in that area, but I haven't had chance to really give him the once over and another clean. I'll be doing that later today. I've booked him into the vets for wednesday (silly avian vets going on holiday! :mad:) and hopefully he'll be able to tell me if Bruce needs some antibiotics or anything. :(

He's been 'flying' like a badly clipped bird today, and even sat with me for 5 mins without a bother on him, which he doesn't normally do. :(

Just kinda wanted to ramble about how anxious I am for him and stuff. :(

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
I HATE being so far away from my avian vets now :(. The vet I'm also registered with around the corner, she admitted herself she's useless with birds, but when my OH gets home I might get him booked in for tomorrow if I can so she can give him the once over and maybe prescsribe some antibiotics or something if she thinks he needs them. Will never ever forgive myself if Brucie ends up dying from this. I'm still beating myself up about not taking Wonsy to the vets in time before she died. I don't want this happening to Bruce too. :(

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
awww sometimes things are just outside of our control! fingers crossed for bruce X

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Vets on Wednesday at 6pm. I hope my Brucie isn't in too much discomfort with his wing or anything. :( I'll be seperating him tomorrow - he seems to have settled with the gang tonight so I don't wanna cause a big disturbance. Poor baby. :(

Bright Star

May 28, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Keats (budgie) born Feb. 18, 2011, and Raphael (budgie) adopted July 3, 2011. Finn, a Brown-Head Poicephalus, born January 4, 2010, has also joined the family!
Always best to get it checked by an avian vet. I hope they can help him :)

OP
Mayden

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Bruce has been separated and placed into the smaller cage, but he's got his pal Arthur with him (a mellow bird who loves Bruce so I'm not worried about them scrapping) and then vets on Wednesday with the guy who sees Merlin. Bruce seems fine in himself but just twitches his wing in slight discomfort.

Apparently it's not actually his wing thats the problem, its the side of his body (blood was on the wing too though) So although when trying to disinfect and clean his 'wound' I focused mainly on the wing since that's usually where it is! :(

He seems fine, so just fingers crossed the vet can sort him out and he'll be all fine soon!

YNAMomma

Sep 18, 2011
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Ianto-10yr old M. YN-Amazon,
Toshiko - 10yr old F. YN-Amazon (Mated pair)
Aww, poor baby. I hope all goes well and we will keep our hopes high that all he will need is some good rest and relaxation!

Most Reactions

Latest posts