Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I was torn where to post this, Amazons or Ekkies, Amazons or Ekkies, so I went neutral, lol. We moved Venus (Ekkie) into the livingroom to be with everyone, Buddy my GCA is NOT happy but suddenly he does ANYTHING I say, has been talking and cuddling even more. We put Venus' cage next to Buddy's with a six inch gap, all was fine. I got Buddy out, introduced him to Venus, he just looked at her, no issues.

Then we let Venus out of her cage and it was on, she has been trying to get close to Buddy, running track around the outside of his cage. We only let one out at a time. Venus has no fear and I can't believe how she has warmed up. Tonight when I got home she hopped from her cage to my shoulder. I was WOWWED. Buddy wants to stay to himself or be out with me so now we have scheduled one on one time for each, meals together (they do great but one has to remain in the cage for now) and we are working on other items. My problem, Venus is stealing the toys, she loves toys. So at this point all is going well with introducing them to each other.

gracebowen

Jan 14, 2015
San Antonio
Parrots
Cora lovebird
Sky parakeet
That's great. My kids are getting along well too. I was gonna leave my new tiel alone to settle in his cage but he begged to come out. He and my budgie are hanging out on top of his cage.

Minimaker

Jul 29, 2014
Illinois
Parrots
GW Macaw-Sailor, Goffins Cockatoo Mako, GC Conure-Tazzy, Turquoise Conure Yuki, Budgies-Percy, Annabeth, Elsa
That's lovely :) Glad things are working out for you. Ekkies are the prettiest parrots, so distinctive.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Nice! I'm glad your two beautiful birds are doing so well and having fun.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So glad they're getting along. I bet Buddy appreciates having a feathered friend after being an only parrot for so long, especially a beautiful and much younger lady;):D

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
I like seeing Buddy more active and that's a plus of having Venus around. He's been showing some interest in things because Venus touched it, lol. Like his receipt paper roll hanging in his cage. She started unrolling it from outside his cage, pulling the paper through the bars. Well now he's been touching it and playing with it. Even if they aren't BFFs, I wanted Buddy to be stimulated and to be more active. So far so good, but it's funny watching them.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Nice, Tracey! I know you felt like that QT period would never be over, so I'm glad to see that the day has finally arrived! And, better yet, that the introduction seems to be going very well!

We need more pics!!!

Most Reactions