Budgie and Parrotlet can share aviary ?

fiddlejen

Mar 28, 2019
Media
New England
Parrots
Sunny the Sun Conure (sept '18, gotcha 3/'19). Mr Jefferson Budgie & Mrs Calliope Budgie (albino) (nov'18 & jan'19). Summer 2021 Baby Budgies: Riker (Green); Patchouli, Keye, & Tiny (blue greywings).
Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will speak up, BUT I seem to recall reading that these two types of birds are likely to cause each other injury if Housed together.

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
Welcome aboard! I'm not expert with either species, but general rule suggests avoiding housing birds of greatly disparate sizes together. Opportunity for rivalry and injury can be extreme. Exceptions to most every rule, hopefully more knowledgeable members will chime in!

soozannah

Apr 9, 2021
Burbank, CA; inherited my family home in 2015
Parrots
4 cockatiels that have produced 4 more; 16 or more budgies, 1 rosy bourke, a pair of parrotlets, an orange-wing Amazon named Scoobie and my baby, a male Eclectus name of Solly.
Hello, I was wondering of parrotlets can be in the same aviary with budgies :confused: ?
No reason they can't. There must be ample room however for all of them to fly. If your aviary is for instance only 3mx1m, that is really only large enough for two budgies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts