Budgie covering head at night?

Cassrock80

Sep 26, 2021
Parrots
Parakeet - Bobby
Yet again. My man Bobby (5-6 months old) has surprise me with a peculiar tendency. The last week or so when I get ready for bed (and he does the same ) he's been consistently perching himself in the corner and putting this bell over his head. It typically covers his eyes and ears. This is the best pic I could get because when ever I get close he thinks it's time to wake up. But it usually covers his eyes.
Idk if he's trying to block out light and noise? Or if he's just comfortable like that? But it's very cute regardless.
I'm curious if anyone knows why he's doing this? I don't want to take it away if it's something he likes. But if it's a bad sign or a bad habit I'd like to take care of whatever he needs.

Thanks for your input!
IMG_20211122_024628.jpg

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
Cover his cage, he's probably looking for dark and quiet. But that is SO CUTE :love:

Budgie_Addicted

Sep 7, 2021
Media
Australia, QLD
Parrots
Astro - violet yellow face budgie (juvenile male)
He's probably trying to block out noise and light. It would a great idea to cover his cage with something such as a blanket or towel at night. It's advised that you cover the cage with a light sheet in the hotter months, and a blanket or a bit of the thicker sheet in the colder moths. Super cute though. Or maybe he just likes hats 😆

Most Reactions

Latest posts