Budgie Enrichment Ideas?

Nov 2, 2022
Media
Washington, DC, USA
Parrots
Astro (budgie) 1/20/23--3/31/23
Poppy (cinnamon cockatiel)
Hi guys!
Astro is doing well with adjusting to his new home, but often I wonder if he's bored. He loves to be carried around the house and explore all the rooms, but he's not very interested in his toys. So he'll chirp to be let out of his cage but there's not a lot I can do with him, although I've started some training and I'm looking into getting a play stand. He just seems a bit bored, but at the same time not interested in anything that doesn't require effort on my part lol. If you've got any ideas I'd be happy to hear them!

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Hi guys!
Astro is doing well with adjusting to his new home, but often I wonder if he's bored. He loves to be carried around the house and explore all the rooms, but he's not very interested in his toys. So he'll chirp to be let out of his cage but there's not a lot I can do with him, although I've started some training and I'm looking into getting a play stand. He just seems a bit bored, but at the same time not interested in anything that doesn't require effort on my part lol. If you've got any ideas I'd be happy to hear them!
Try hiding his favorite treat in his toys, my budgies love that.

I’ve seen people get fake grass mats and sprinkle seed in it, as budgies are ground foragers. I sprinkle a bit of millet on the cage floor now and then, they love it!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Maybe Astro would get the idea if you play with the toys and show him how much fun you're having?

Astro is such a beautiful budgie, I love his colouring:)

Most Reactions