budgie lost flight feather!

budgielove111

Aug 5, 2022
Parrots
kiwi and coco budgies
My budgie (3yr old) lost his longest wing feather during night frights last night. he is now flying lopsided which was expected but he keeps rubbing the side with the healthy wing on the floor and stands with more of his body weight on the side with the healthy wing so he looks “lopsided” in a way. does anyone know if there’s anything i can do to help him? unfortunately the earliest vet appointment i could get was 4 days from now so any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335 KB · Views: 53
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 52

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Oh no! He might be injured. Good on you for getting a vet appointment. In the meantime, keep him warm, quiet, and make sure he’s eating and drinking well.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
How is your budgie now? I was hoping his feathers were just ruffled (literally). Sometimes my bird has a feather placed funny in its wing and carries the wing awkwardly until it gets adjusted.

OP
B

budgielove111

Aug 5, 2022
Parrots
kiwi and coco budgies
How is your budgie now? I was hoping his feathers were just ruffled (literally). Sometimes my bird has a feather placed funny in its wing and carries the wing awkwardly until it gets adjusted.
we got him seen by the vet today and he’s missing some primary feathers. They’re coming back in but he’s not allowed free flight until they’re back :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts