Budgie toys.

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.
Do you guys think this will be a good set of toys to get my 2 budgies? They donโ€™t have many toys right now and Iโ€™d like to give them something to do when we arenโ€™t around, please let me know if anything seems questionable or dangerous, I think the coconut might be used as a nest so Iโ€™ll have to keep an eye on them and also I donโ€™t want them to hurt themselves on the bells because of the part on the inside is sharp sometimes but I could always take the bell off most likely, hereโ€™s a picture of the set. If you guys have any toy suggestions Iโ€™d love to hear them.
393A1EE5-488D-4B6B-A1FA-A98233B5D60A.jpeg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Most of those look great! I would only be concerned about the coconut nest. You donโ€™t want your budgies coming into breeding condition because they will be less friendly and more aggressive with each other. There are many health issues associated with getting โ€œbroodyโ€ in female budgies, too. Like egg binding, which can be fatal.

But otherwise these look like a variety of really fun toys! Wish I knew where you found them. I think my Quaker would like many of them.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Most of those look great! I would only be concerned about the coconut nest. You donโ€™t want your budgies coming into breeding condition because they will be less friendly and more aggressive with each other. There are many health issues associated with getting โ€œbroodyโ€ in female budgies, too. Like egg binding, which can be fatal.

But otherwise these look like a variety of really fun toys! Wish I knew where you found them. I think my Quaker would like many of them.
They're on Amazon, I've seen many like them :)

OP
Kitty16

Kitty16

Jun 10, 2022
US, Indiana
Parrots
2 Blue Budgies, the female is Skittle and the male is Milo.

Thanks for the advice!! Like the other person said, it is actually on Amazon, youโ€™ll find the exact one if you search โ€œBird Toys Bird Parakeet Swing Chewing Hanging Toys Climbing Ladder Coconut Bird Cage Toys Suitable for Cockatiels,Conures,Finches,Budgie,Love Birdsโ€ and itโ€™s from the brand โ€œYIXUNDโ€, I also found this set when trying to find an easy way for you to find the other set, hereโ€™s a picture, I would only be concerned with the mirror toy and the rope because of the loose threads, but you can find this set by searching the same stuff also.
3745BD49-CE9A-4E8C-9125-C5C5B3ACB617.jpeg

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
Hi nice to meet you
Cotton Rope toys are dangerous because birds can chew and swallow them and birds cannot digest them. It can also cause crop infection,the only way to treat crop infection is through surgery which is very risky and dangerous for your birds and there are many more risks about cotton rope toys but there are safe ropes such as coir,hemp,jute,sisal and manila ropes, cotton rope boings are nice but if you notice your bird chewing them remove it i have a cotton rope boing and my birds never chew it but it's better to have natural rope boings.you can use vet tape to wrap your cotton rope boing some bird owners do but like i said it's better to have natural rope boings

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hi nice to meet you
Cotton Rope toys are dangerous because birds can chew and swallow them and birds cannot digest them. It can also cause crop infection,the only way to treat crop infection is through surgery which is very risky and dangerous for your birds and there are many more risks about cotton rope toys but there are safe ropes such as coir,hemp,jute,sisal and manila ropes, cotton rope boings are nice but if you notice your bird chewing them remove it i have a cotton rope boing and my birds never chew it but it's better to have natural rope boings.you can use vet tape to wrap your cotton rope boing some bird owners do but like i said it's better to have natural rope boings
The member did say that they are concerned about the rope.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Hi May, Iโ€™m pretty sure you mean โ€œcrop impaction.โ€

Iโ€™m bringing this up because Iโ€™ve seen you post this before. Crop impaction means the emptying of the crop is blocked by non food debris that the bird has eaten. Crop infection is a bacterial infection of the crop. Two very different things.

There are many things a parrot could eat bits of, that could cause crop impaction. Iโ€™m not sure that cotton rope must be avoided. But I realize that you are very concerned about it.

Last edited:

Most Reactions