Budgies Beak

Fairyqueen97

Sep 18, 2021
Parrots
4 parakeets (budgies)
My boyfriend got two new budgies today and I saw one of the beaks was misshapen(the one we named popcorn). I've seen her/him eat but she mainly tries to chew seeds and swallows them. I don't here the normal crunch with other parakeets. I want take her/him to the vet but I'd also like to understand what could be happening. Her/his beak looks like a duck bill. (Cage pictured is just a travel cage)

Attachments

• 20210918_130200~2.jpg
    20210918_130200~2.jpg
    238.5 KB · Views: 98

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Hi Fairyqueen, welcome to the forum to you and your little sweeties!

It's hard to say what the cause of Popcorn's beak issues may be, as deformities like these have causes ranging from fungal infection, trauma, parasites or heredity and genetics. It may require ongoing treatment and/or maintenance and because of the beak's importance to health and nutrition this should be carried out by an avian vet if at all possible. The following link may help you to locate one if you're not already acquainted with one...

Thanks for joining, and I am looking forward to seeing these precious babies thrive in your care! :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts