meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
|Cockatiels:Tara and Shylo|
Budgies:Fresca and Domino|
Senegal Parrot: Kayto|
So last monday i went to the petstore and saw the most gorgeious little budgies ever! Since i was sort of looking for 2 new little budgies my said i could get them but i'd have to think about it first, whether i wanted to get budgie from a breeder or a petstore etc. I looked around on the internet, a few classified sites didn't find quite what i wanted. So today i went the petstore and saw the beauties again. There was one huge cage with white coloured budgies.. not completely white or anything but like mostly white... some had a little blue , some had a little black, some had a little grey.. and some had different shades of turquiose and purple on them. The cage above which was also filled with budgies had yellowish/black/blueish budgies they were a few months older than the white budgies, yet both were under a year old. I couldn't decide what to get so i just decided to get a white bird, and yellow bird. The petstore own was pretty good, he used to breed budgies until he took owninga few petstores and didn't have time to breed anymore. the only thing i had a problem with is that they had a care sheet that was way outdated. I may take a pic of the sheet later to show how out dated it is but for now i need some names for these little guys. I dont have any pictures quite yet since i just braught them home like half an hour ago. and their still at the bottom of the cage scared out of their minds. Ill try and get some pics maybe later. Im also un sure of teh gender.. im pretty sure the yellow is a male and the white... is kinda hard to tell. Im think 2 males.. but i dont know you guys can tell me that when i post pics. I just thaught id let you know the news now

OH and one other thing They gave me this stuff called Ornabac, they say its supposed to like prevent them from have diarrhea and stuff... have any of you heard of this stuff.. theysb aid your supposed to put this in tehir food....im just wondering whether i should use it or not... ive never had anything like it before whne ive had my past birds.

Oh ya and as far as age goes... the yellow one they said was 7-8 months, the white was 2-3 months.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Dont know anything about ornabac, but would like some pics of your two new fiddies!!! I saw a white-cinnamon today, she was so cute, i forgot how small they really are. Congrats, cant wait to see pics, love the littlest birdies.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Ok i got some pics.. there not the best but you can see their colours and stuff.
anyway here they are:

May11th2007030.jpg

May11th2007029.jpg

May11th2007028.jpg

and i know the white ones back feather are kinda ... dirty.. i think its from bein in with all thsoe other bird or probably the box when taking them home. Ill mist them later when they settle in more.

and i am aware that the cage is a touch small..(cant really tell from the pics) but anyway im gettinga bigger cage for them very soon hopefully.

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
OOOH, how adorable is that!!! They are sooo cute, i want one!!! They are gorgeous, even if they are dirty, i think you took real nice coloured birdies there. Congrats again, cant wait to see their new cage.

Christy

Mar 28, 2007
New Hampshire, USA
Parrots
Hamlet the Sun Conure and Mac the green cheek conure
Congratulations on your new birdies! They look a little nervous right now, but I am sure once they get to know you they will be so happy! What are you thinking about for names......perhaps mac and cheese?

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
YAY Mac n Cheese!!! (jk...) Someday maybe I'll have less evil birds like those and then I can name them that myself...

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
well... you know.. Mac stands for Mac And Cheese so if Tex and Christy end up naming there GCC Mac.... lol... i was gunna wait and say this after they decide on name because i knopw tex would totally bring Mac to the bottom of list now... but whatever i jus thaught id point it since we braught it up agian lol.....

any name suggestions people... lol other than mac and cheese...

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, for what it's worth, I am pretty sure that you do have to males there cause it looks like that both of them have blue nares ... I have no suggestions about names ... and, really ... the mac 'n cheese thing really has run its course ...

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
If you noticed I didn't start it this time (or last time), thank you very much.

Anyhow Meghan, are you looking for names that kind of go together like the whole Bonnie and Clyde theme, or are do you not care whether or not they do as long as they are both names you like?

I've always thought the name Zephyr was cool sounding, and it's the ancient Greek term for the west wind. And if you wanted a Greek wind theme, I found that Boreas is the Greek name for the north wind, Eurus is the east wind, and Notus is the south wind...Zephyr and Eurus...maybe too exotic sounding, I don't know...my taste in names is kind of weird. I always like the whole Greek thing too, maybe I spent 3 years too many in Latin class in high school...

Anyways, if you think those are stupid names, that's ok, just thought I would throw something out there.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
They are beautiful, and they look kinda like males, but being so young its hard to tell. I have no idea on names just yet, but I'll have a think about it. I'm sure that your gonna have a lot of fun with these guys. Are they hand tame yet?

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
lol i dont care if they go together. I was thinking maybe Domino-white Fresca-yellow.

and Peta i was thinking there both males too.. im pretty sure the yellow is male.. but not sure of the white.. i ahve more pics and a few videos ill post later.

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Very cute new additions to your flock Meghan!!! Can't wait to see more pictures!!!

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
lol I thought pete was male, her cere went pale blue, THEN crusty brown :)
I would try for names that suit a guy/girl, just in case, as they arent deep blue yet :)

If the cere goes brown then its female as it means their in breeding season.

OP
meghanxx4

meghanxx4

Feb 1, 2007
Media
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
ya ill wait and see. I think the yellow(fresca) is male and the white(dominoe) is female. But ill wait and see if their ceres turn brown then their obviously females lol

Most Reactions

Latest posts