Budgies on Veggie Strike

budgiecave

Apr 7, 2022
Parrots
2 Budgies
Merlin Green
Tuttle Blue
Hello! I have two 1 year old budgies. They used to be super into carrots, green peppers, and spinach. But lately they have been ignoring all of their chop and just eating their pellets and seeds. Is there a certain order I should be feeding my birds to make sure they get their fresh veggies in? All hacks appreciated. EC7E1B31-306C-46DB-95A1-590476E35930.jpeg

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Hello! I have two 1 year old budgies. They used to be super into carrots, green peppers, and spinach. But lately they have been ignoring all of their chop and just eating their pellets and seeds. Is there a certain order I should be feeding my birds to make sure they get their fresh veggies in? All hacks appreciated.View attachment 39147
Hi! :) Maybe try removing seeds/pellet/etc from the cage while they are eating their veggies? Only do that max 15-30 minutes to prevent starvation.

Try feeding in the morning, most birds are hungry then.

Some birds prefer whole veggies(a leaf of spinach/lettuce or thinly sliced carrot etc), your birds may not like the texture of chop.

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Another idea is to mix the veggies and seeds and pellets together. If the budgies have to pick the seeds out they may get some veggies, too. Anyhow, they should begin to get the idea that the veggies are good, like the pellets or seeds, if they see them together.

Most Reactions

Latest posts