Built my first play gym!

LaurenB

Oct 28, 2014
Pennsylvania
Parrots
Green Cheek Conure - Tiki //
Sun Conure - Nacho //
Indian Ringnecks - Kermit and Beaker
I made my first play gym out of PVC yesterday. I looked at pictures online to get ideas and just kind of made it up as I went along. It still needs some more toys, ropes, and I need to figure out how to attach some food/water dishes.

Here it is when finally assembled:

laurenb-albums-birds-picture14712-image.jpg

I may have gotten a little carried away with the vet wrap:

laurenb-albums-birds-picture14713-image.jpg

With some toys and swings:

laurenb-albums-birds-picture14715-image.jpg

I was worried at first that I wasn't making it big enough. Whoops. It's final dimensions are roughly 5 1/2 feet tall, and 3 foot wide/long.

Of course both birds are terrified of it. :31:

Nacho sat on it for about a millisecond while I snapped a picture, then said GET ME OFF HERE!

laurenb-albums-birds-picture14721-image.jpg

Hopefully they get used to it and get some use out of it... the little stinkers.

Wow, I'm impressed! I love all the colors. Hopefully Tiki and Nacho will get used to it and discover how much fun it is.

What size PVC pipe did you use? (diameter)

Great job, Lauren! Your play gym looks fantastic! Give them a little time and I bet your birds will love it.

Great job! I love it! How do Tiki and Nacho will come around, it just takes some time. ;)

It looks awesome! Tiki and Nacho's very own Disneyworld! I think the vet wrap looks great:)

Thad's awesome!
Mine falls apart consistently lol.. Just
Pieces here and there

Thanks guys! It was surprisingly easy! I am NOT handy at all!

GreatBlue - I used 1/2" all the way around, I figured 3/4" would probably be just a little too big. Plus using multiple sizes would probably require more brain power and I was at maximum usage lol

Omg I love this its so nice!!!! I'm working on my first one too. All the different colors look so cool.

Awesome job! I'm sure they'll get used to it, just give it time. Took a week or so till mine decided he would play on it. They probably think it might eat them. Lol When they realize it won't, they'll enjoy it. :)

that's so cute. It's colorful and looks like fun for them.

Most Reactions

Latest posts

Back