Bump nose conure

Onno

Nov 19, 2022
Parrots
2 female conures
Hi everyone,

I'm quite new here. I have got 2 conures which are about 7 years old.

One of my conures got a bump on her nose. It seems to be growing over the last 2 weeks. Anyone has experience what it could be.

Just good to know. A couple of weeks ago we found out we had mice in the house at night. They have definitely been in the cage to eat the birdseeds.

PXL_20221119_195729867.jpg

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I canā€™t see your photo that well but any growth on the bill is not normal and should be checked by a vet.

Dumb question: will it wash off? Have you given birdie a bath? If this bird is pettable, will the bump brush off?

It could be regrow the after an injury, it could be a wart like growth, but beaks have a blood supply and thereā€™s no way you can treat the lump yourself.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Agree the conure needs to go to the vet also do you mean mice have gotten in your birds cage?
Mice could easily kill your birds or make them very sick.
You need to make it so they can't get in your birds cage, is it on a stand?

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Also, Iā€™m concerned about the bare featherless area around the nostril. That doesnā€™t look right. Itā€™s too bare for a gcc and the nostril seems shaped wrong. Makes me concerned that thereā€™s some runny nose or sinus issue going on to lead to beak malformation.

Have you taken this bird in? How is this bird doing? Does he appear well?

Most Reactions

Latest posts