Butt rubbing

Wintergreen

Sep 3, 2021
Parrots
I have five parrots I have one cockteil named winter two conures a green cheek named Envy and a sunconure named henry I so two budgies a green and yellow named sunshine and a blue and white named Kai
Why is my GCC keep putting her butt on my face she has done it to my friend and my mom and she won't stop. She is a year old is she wanting to mate?

She always attacks my sun for trying to mount her so Idk what to do.

Attachments

• 20201114_234621.jpg
    20201114_234621.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 60

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Yeeaaaaaahhhhh sounds like your girlie bird has reached "that" stage I'm afraid! My Lilly the lorikeet was doing exactly that to me this morning, and a whole lot more as she zooms around the house, getting very bitey and looking for nesting sites :rolleyes: Make sure you only pet your hen on the head and neck and perhaps pop her somewhere nice and neutral to cool off for a bit if she gets a little too amorous. Also make sure she doesn't get access to anything even remotely resembling a nest box or you may have some infertile egg-laying on your hands, my Lilly is notorious for that!

As for your Sun, it sounds like your GCC might prefer someone else's company over his at present (I'm assuming "Henry" is a male?), and that someone might be you! I don't know what the dynamic is between those two, but I once had a male and female cockatiel and the male would get VERY aggressive towards the female if she showed him even the slightest bit of affection. In your case your GCC may get aggressive towards your Sun in order to ward off his advances, so you may need to keep an eye on that to prevent any scuffles breaking out.

Aaaaah puberty, ain't it grand?! Best of luck to you!

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 38-year-old Patagonian Conure
Yep!

I just finished adding my whimsical comments concerning Chris' loving rants about Parker's hormonal antics!

In another 30 years or so, it will probably get easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
Wintergreen

Wintergreen

Sep 3, 2021
Parrots
I have five parrots I have one cockteil named winter two conures a green cheek named Envy and a sunconure named henry I so two budgies a green and yellow named sunshine and a blue and white named Kai
Yeeaaaaaahhhhh sounds like your girlie bird has reached "that" stage I'm afraid! My Lilly the lorikeet was doing exactly that to me this morning, and a whole lot more as she zooms around the house, getting very bitey and looking for nesting sites :rolleyes: Make sure you only pet your hen on the head and neck and perhaps pop her somewhere nice and neutral to cool off for a bit if she gets a little too amorous. Also make sure she doesn't get access to anything even remotely resembling a nest box or you may have some infertile egg-laying on your hands, my Lilly is notorious for that!

As for your Sun, it sounds like your GCC might prefer someone else's company over his at present (I'm assuming "Henry" is a male?), and that someone might be you! I don't know what the dynamic is between those two, but I once had a male and female cockatiel and the male would get VERY aggressive towards the female if she showed him even the slightest bit of affection. In your case your GCC may get aggressive towards your Sun in order to ward off his advances, so you may need to keep an eye on that to prevent any scuffles breaking out.

Thank you so much I didn't know what to do.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Any time, glad it helped you! :)

Most Reactions