Cage cleaning day rant!

mgarvie

Oct 3, 2018
Pekin, IL
Parrots
Orange Winged Amazon
It's the weekly cage cleaning day which also involves the weekly bird rant!
(Usually only my wife hears it.)

My new theory:

There are only a limited number of parrots in the world. And they are IMORTAL! They were given to our family members thousands of years ago by aliens. Just like in my case, a family member dies and that little green monster is passed on to the next generation. Now it will torment me till my death.

I will be smiling in my grave the day my son is stuck with the Green Chicken of Death.

:D

Ira7

Banned
Banned
Feb 9, 2020
Coral Springs, FL
Parrots
YNA
Really? He doesn’t like it? Or maybe he DOES!

My guy is fascinated when I clean his cage. He hovers close to me, carefully studying each move I make.

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Really? He doesn’t like it? Or maybe he DOES!

My guy is fascinated when I clean his cage. He hovers close to me, carefully studying each move I make.

I think Noodles likes it it--- she always wants to watch. Maybe its more like watching movers cart around boxes of fragile antiques (like, "okay, okay, be super careful with that one..") ha

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Lol-- true. Maybe you can make him think he has a trust fund that unlocks after x years of parrot care (jk) haha

My mom says if I die, she will not keep Noodles, but I've also threatened to haunt if in the event of my early demise lol! I am in my 30s btw ("my mom says" made me sound like a 12 year old with a u2 ha!)

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Amazons (and all Parrots) have long been associated with Dinosaurs. To add Aliens to the story is likely not a huge stretch. Reincarnation, why not, as it only added depth to the story...

Remember that in a past life, someone else was leaving the mess to clean-up, seems more like getting even! :D

During the Summer just add it next to the car! Wash both at the same time!!! Double the fun!!!

Last edited:

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
It's the weekly cage cleaning day which also involves the weekly bird rant!
(Usually only my wife hears it.)

My new theory:

There are only a limited number of parrots in the world. And they are IMORTAL! They were given to our family members thousands of years ago by aliens. Just like in my case, a family member dies and that little green monster is passed on to the next generation. Now it will torment me till my death.

I will be smiling in my grave the day my son is stuck with the Green Chicken of Death.

:D

My son wants nothing to do with either fid! :( " Dad why didn't you get a doggo???"

Jim

Anita1250

Oct 19, 2017
NYC
Parrots
Blue Fronted Amazon 35 years old
Ha ha ha! This is too funny. However, I think I have you all beat. I don't have any kids, so I have left my entire estate, including house, to a wonderful parrot rescue. Of course, they also get the parrot! The stipulation is that they must care for said parrot until his natural demise. Since he will be 38 next week, I wonder if they will really get to fulfill the agreement! Knowing my Sam, I bet they will!

Most Reactions

Latest posts