Cage for senegal?

Artemios

Jul 21, 2022
Parrots
Basil (Senegal), Ishmael (Budgie)
I've had my 7yo Senegal for about two months and it's getting pretty clear that her current cage is too small. She came with it from her previous home (and I assume has spent a lot of her life there), but I work during the day and she hates being confined. Everyone will be happier if she has more space. She's not currently flighted, but her feathers are growing back in.

The current cage footprint is roughly 18x18in. I think the height is somewhere in the 30in range.

I'd like to keep it under $150--I know that's low, but there are a lot of good deals on eBay. So many, in fact, that I don't know which to choose. I have my eye on a Yaheetech 31x20x37 (excluding stand) for about $100, but it's a big decision so I'd appreciate some expert input.

Any size suggestions? Brands to avoid? Specific product recommendations? Thanks!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
You can find good deals on used cages. You might find a big high end cage used on Craigslist or such and get that reasonable price. You just have to make sure you clean the cage before use.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
I've had my 7yo Senegal for about two months and it's getting pretty clear that her current cage is too small. She came with it from her previous home (and I assume has spent a lot of her life there), but I work during the day and she hates being confined. Everyone will be happier if she has more space. She's not currently flighted, but her feathers are growing back in.

The current cage footprint is roughly 18x18in. I think the height is somewhere in the 30in range.

I'd like to keep it under $150--I know that's low, but there are a lot of good deals on eBay. So many, in fact, that I don't know which to choose. I have my eye on a Yaheetech 31x20x37 (excluding stand) for about $100, but it's a big decision so I'd appreciate some expert input.

Any size suggestions? Brands to avoid? Specific product recommendations? Thanks!
Hi, I also have a Senegal, and I want to get him a new cage. Would you mind sharing what cage you decided on and how you and Basil like the new cage? :]

Most Reactions

Latest posts