Cage navigation ideas for non-flyers?

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
For those of you who have birds that like to climb, are there certain objects they prefer or that they seem to use more easily?

So far my African Ringneck has navigated the sides and top of just his cage wire with ease, but seems to have a preference for going beak-to-toes on perches if they're within range. I haven't tried any rope bridge type thing yet, and he hasn't really shown much interest in ladders in the locations he's seen them.

Laurasea told me about a piece of wood drilled for multiple perches that could then hang on the wall, and that seems like something Cotton would love. I think I'm at least going to arrange some perches in a little stairstep outside his cage door to entice him to climb to the top.

I figure that I'll think I've discovered what helps him stay engaged in his cage just about the time he wants to be out of his cage, or if his tail happens to grow in and I'd need to rearrange to avoid bashing his feathers ;)

Laurasea

Aug 2, 2018
USA
Parrots
Full house
The one I saw for sale was about 4x3 feet with long branches attached. It was a best idea I hadn't thought of before.

Sort of like this. If you notice she also has a smaller one mounted on the wall.
So for your inspiration

OP
Cottonoid

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Ok I LOVE that video and could watch that all day! The time lapse driving in screws is very pleasing!

That's so much cooler than I was picturing it and gives me so many ideas!

Most Reactions

Latest posts