Cage size for green cheek conure

Soupspoon1223

Mar 3, 2024
Parrots
None currently but have owned a cherry headed conure and a sun conure.
I'm doing research for a future bird purchase. I believe I'm going to go with a green cheek conure. I really don't have but two spaces to put the cage if I want it in the family room, which I do. I work from home and my desk is also in that same area. I believe that the bar spacing should be 1/2" or smaller for a green cheek. Do you think this cage would be okay? Can someone maybe someone suggest some cage sizing for a green cheek as well. I'm also also attaching some pics of where the cage would go. I think if I put it under the shelves it would have to be not very tall at all. From the floor to under the shelf is 62" so there'd be no room to play on top. On the other wall next to the couch, height isn't an issue. It's width. From the wall to the couch is 32" wide, but I'd want enough space so the bird couldn't easily lean from the cage to the couch, but I know it will end of hopping over to it. I was also contemplating maybe a corner cage, but I know the bird looses space that way. I want a flat top cage without a top play stand as I think I will be adding a removable one later. The other only place would be in front of a window, and the only issue I have with that is of course I have curtains on it. :) I will be moving the plant on the bottom shelf up higher so the bird cannot get to it.

Resized_20240324_120408.jpg
Resized_20240324_120414.jpg

Resized_20240324_120423.jpg

Attachments

• Resized_20240324_120408.jpg
    Resized_20240324_120408.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 2

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
I think the cage you linked would be ok. The minimum recommended size for a conure sized bird is 24” x 24” (length and width ). Of course, bigger is always better ( and lots of time outside of the cage!) 🙂

OP
S

Soupspoon1223

Mar 3, 2024
Parrots
None currently but have owned a cherry headed conure and a sun conure.
I think the cage you linked would be ok. The minimum recommended size for a conure sized bird is 24” x 24” (length and width ). Of course, bigger is always better ( and lots of time outside of the cage!) 🙂
Thank you so much for your reply.

Most Reactions

Latest posts