Cage Suggestions in the USA?

PotatoBird

Mar 13, 2022
Parrots
Noneā€¦ yet.
Iā€™ve been looking at cages for a green cheeked conure or Poicephalus (Senegal, red bellied, meyers), and needed some advice on good quality cages in the United States. I prefer cages that have a flat top and are black instead of bronzeish, but these are more preferences. Any good quality cages too look at under 500 USD would be appreciated! If you have any experiences with certain cages that would be great as well :)

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
We got this one for out sun conure and really have been happy with it. Only complaint is that the food dishes that came with are acrylic, not stainless but not a huge deal.
hanging out in the cage
C5C6CD1C-309A-41E7-9A8F-01D5DC2D3CD9.jpeg

if the link doesnā€™t work, let me know!

PyroParrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Dec 30, 2021
Parrots
Sunny: Sun conure, hatch 2/2021
Oh! And the white in the bottom isnā€™t poop! Itā€™s a shredded toy- didnt realize what it would look like in the pic

OP
P

PotatoBird

Mar 13, 2022
Parrots
Noneā€¦ yet.
We got this one for out sun conure and really have been happy with it. Only complaint is that the food dishes that came with are acrylic, not stainless but not a huge deal.
hanging out in the cageView attachment 37345
if the link doesnā€™t work, let me know!
Thank you! Iā€™ll add it to the list of ā€˜potential cagesā€™ :)

Have you found that itā€™s easy to assemble?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Understanding that 99% of all bird cages are build by three companies in China! It is just the way it is!

We have purchased from: BirdCages4Less.com for decades and have always enjoyed their overall quality! Also, being the sales arm of the manufacture means that they understand what boxes go with what cages!

Target a full height front door!!

Best of Luck!

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Timneh: Grady;
Senegal: Charlie;
Sun Conure: Peaches (deceased)
Senegal: Georgia
Peach-fronted Conure: Milton (foster)
Brown-throated Conure: Pumpkin (foster)
Senegal: Fletcher
Senegal: Ivy
Last edited:

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Feb 20, 2022
I know for me, it's a lot easier to maintain the inside of the cage when I have a full door. I'm not sure I'd even be able to reach all of it if the door were smaller.

The place I volunteer has all full height doors except in the cockatiel room, and the difference is noticeable to my shoulders ;)

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
I know for me, it's a lot easier to maintain the inside of the cage when I have a full door. I'm not sure I'd even be able to reach all of it if the door were smaller.

The place I volunteer has all full height doors except in the cockatiel room, and the difference is noticeable to my shoulders ;)
I am accustomed to dometops, which typically do not have a full-height door. My first parrot came with a scallop-top and the fold-down balcony above the door. I just don't know what I am missing. :]

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Stainless steel cages are on the more expensive side of things... They are much easier to clean. Nothing sticks like it does with the coated cages. Its prevue pet, and I got it off tractor supply on clearance so it was under $500.

Sense the pandemic I've had a ton of issues finding parrot cages, stands, and so on in store. I have conures, and an ekkie. Most things in store are for smaller birds. I have resorted to craigslist, and facebook marketplace. I did find a kings parrot cage which is usually over $1000, and I only paid $200 on facebook marketplace. It was in perfect condition, and its a VERY heavy sturdy cage.

LeeC

Jun 5, 2019
Media
Harrisburg, PA
Parrots
Stainless steel cages are on the more expensive side of things... They are much easier to clean. Nothing sticks like it does with the coated cages. Its prevue pet, and I got it off tractor supply on clearance so it was under $500.

Sense the pandemic I've had a ton of issues finding parrot cages, stands, and so on in store. I have conures, and an ekkie. Most things in store are for smaller birds. I have resorted to craigslist, and facebook marketplace. I did find a kings parrot cage which is usually over $1000, and I only paid $200 on facebook marketplace. It was in perfect condition, and its a VERY heavy sturdy cage.
I would love to see photos of other people's cage setups, especially some stainless-steel cages.

Most Reactions