Caique noise???

spiritquartz

Feb 4, 2022
Parrots
Caique
I attached a short video. I need help identifying this noise that my caique is making. It’s almost like she is antsy/nervous?! She doesn’t do it constantly.. it’s random. Sorry the video isn’t on her, if she knows I’m recording she stops doing it. Just want to know if all caiques make this same noise. Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_4303.MOV
    4.9 MB

Gemster

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Aug 4, 2019
Media
Parrots
Valentine-budgie (M),
Daphne-budgie (F)
Rip-Sky
Rip-Bell
I believe this is just a sound they make when they’re either content or when they want something. As confusing as it sounds you can tell which one it is by observing their body language. Gemma (caique) would make this sound while pacing before breakfast or when she wanted human interactions. However, she would also make this sound when puffed and on one leg before sleeping as a way to communicate her bliss.
I Can’t speak for all caiques but would presume other caiques do this too.

OP
S

spiritquartz

Feb 4, 2022
Parrots
Caique
I believe this is just a sound they make when they’re either content or when they want something. As confusing as it sounds you can tell which one it is by observing their body language. Gemma (caique) would make this sound while pacing before breakfast or when she wanted human interactions. However, she would also make this sound when puffed and on one leg before sleeping as a way to communicate her bliss.
I Can’t speak for all caiques but would presume other caiques do this too.
Thank you for the response! It’s hard to tell what she wants when she makes it. Last night she did it while she had one leg up too like your caique, so it confused me a bit. I always assumed it was because she was nervous or uncomfortable. I’ll just watch her body language to try and figure out what she wants each time! Thank you

Most Reactions

Latest posts