can i get a third bird?

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
about tofu when we thought she was sick she was just having a hard molt (as I said in the other thread) sky isn't showing any sick symptoms she is always cheerful and has healthy feathers and a healthy beak she looks healthy
so can i get another bird
i have been wanting to get a baby bird so i can hand tame and can give it scritches

Tiki Bird

Feb 3, 2022
Parrots
Budgies / Parakeets
I would just enjoy the two you have for a while. Birds can be very messy and it takes effort to keep their environments clean, and feeding them well with vegies etc. If after 3 or 4 months you're still willing to make the effort to keep them happy and healthy, get a 3rd. But rememeber you are making a 15 year commitment with a budgie.

May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
about tofu when we thought she was sick she was just having a hard molt (as I said in the other thread) sky isn't showing any sick symptoms she is always cheerful and has healthy feathers and a healthy beak she looks healthy
so can i get another bird
i have been wanting to get a baby bird so i can hand tame and can give it scritches
I'm just saying, I got both Picasso and Pepper as babies and they have never once let me scritch them, despite my best efforts. Also, when budgies go through puberty, they often seperate themselves from their 'owner' and start hanging out with the other budgies more.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
I think you should wait a little longer. And if you want a hand-tame bird, it's all about luck, because there's never a guarantee a bird will ever like scritches or cuddles.
Even budgies are a huge commitment, 10-15 years is a long time, and you have to be ready.
Continue to do research.

OP
MayMaroa

MayMaroa

Feb 13, 2022
Putrajaya, Malaysia
Parrots
2 female budgies i have a green named tofu she is 1 years old(she turned one years old in April) and i have a blue budgie named sky she is the younger one she is younger then tofu by a few days
i have had tofu and sky for 8 months sky is 10 months old and tofu is 10 months old we got them when they were 2 months old too can get a bird in April because thats sky and tofu birthday they will turn 1 years old soon
i know have done a lot of research like alot!! but i will do more

Most Reactions

Latest posts