Can I put my new GCC's cage in my study room where I work from home?

Broekhart

Feb 17, 2023
Parrots
Green cheeked Conure
Hi everyone, I'm planning to get a GCC and was thinking about where to put his/her cage. I know GCCs tend to be really scared birds in the beginning, and I was wondering if me putting its cage in my study room where I am for the most of the day would be okay, as I'd like it to get used to my presence. If it would cause too much stress for the bird I can put it in my bed room. What do you guys recommend?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
Hi everyone, I'm planning to get a GCC and was thinking about where to put his/her cage. I know GCCs tend to be really scared birds in the beginning, and I was wondering if me putting its cage in my study room where I am for the most of the day would be okay, as I'd like it to get used to my presence. If it would cause too much stress for the bird I can put it in my bed room. What do you guys recommend?
I think you should spend as much time in the same room with your new bird as possible. It would be a good idea to have a smaller lighter weight cage in your study and the primary cage in the room where you want him to sleep. Some people would use the smaller cage as the sleeping cage and the larger cage as his playtime daytime cage. Either way, two cages would be best. Good luck and enjoy your new feathered friend!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
If your working from home involves being on the phone with your office and/or clients you will want to assure you use a background (noise) cancelling microphone as Parrots, in general, like to join in on the conversation. Other than that, it sounds like a great idea.

As recommended above, having two cages has its advantages, or at least a cage that you can easily move room to room.

Please assure that the GCC chooses you!!

Most Reactions

Latest posts