Can my budgies sleep threw me talking

Mexdoggo

Aug 18, 2018
Hello I call a lot of people late night so I just talk a lot during the night can my budgies sleep threw me talking cause we are in the same room.i usually stay up really late talking so I'm curious if they can sleep threw the noise.

EllenD

Aug 20, 2016
State College, PA
Parrots
Senegal Parrot named "Kane"; Yellow-Sided Green Cheek Conure named "Bowie"; Blue Quaker Parrot named "Lita Ford"; Cockatiel named "Duff"; 8 American/English Budgie Hybrids; Ringneck Dove named "Dylan"
It's good to keep your bird's main-cage in whatever room of your house you and the other people in your house spend their time when they are home, as simply being around people as much as possible will help to socialize and tame them. Usually this is the living room, family room, den, TV, etc., and usually this means that things like the TV, the stereo, video games, talking, etc. will be on past the bird's bedtime. This is fine, they will in-fact sleep right through the noise (as long as it's not blaringly loud), but you do need to cover their cage at bedtime with a sheet or a blanket. That will help them sleep and ignore the noise, lights, etc.

MonicaMc

Sep 12, 2012
Media
Parrots
Mitred Conure - Charlie 1994;
Cockatiel - Casey 2001;
Wild Caught ARN - Sylphie 2013
It's usually not completely silent where parrots come from at night... so I'd say some noise, even white noise, is okay as long as they are getting enough sleep.

AmyMyBlueFront

Apr 14, 2015
Media
Connecticut
Parrots
Amy a Blue Front 'Zon
Jonesy a Goffins 'Too who had to be rehomed :-(

And a Normal Grey Cockatiel named BB who came home with me on 5/20/2016.
I am up late at night,usually watching tv and both of my kid's are in the living room where the tv is. I cover both of their houses and turn off the lights and keep the tv just loud enough for me to hear and my kid's sleep undisturbed.

Jim

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
I don't think they will sleep through excessively loud conversations, but my bird is in the living room and we don't go to bed at 7:30/8pm! Once the cover on, he sleeps through normal noise like normal conversation, TV, cooking, moving around etc...

Keep in mind, nature is not silent at night (nor is it completely dark). It is less natural for them to be in a silent pitch black room all alone than in their cage covered in their normal living area with familiar voices around and just a little light that gets in under the covers.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
I agree with the above. As long as the noise is not loud, it becomes the ambient sound of the "jungle".
TV on low, A/C running, even low conversation should not disturb your parrots sleep. Covering up so its dark in the cage is the key to a good nites sleep .

LeslieA

Aug 21, 2018
Media
Albums
Parrotian Castle
Parrots
Glenn, IRN; Sherman, WCP; JoJo, budgie; Tommy, budgie; Daytona, Sunday; Sir Lancelot, GCC; Duchess, BCC; Chirps, GRP (Green-rumped Parrotlet)
All my birds, including the budgies, go to private roost room(s) with a fan for white noise and a blue LED nightlight in each. The night cages are also used as transport cages.

That allows for 12 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It also allows for my private and preferred space to watch tv, listen to the stereo, clean, talk, etc.

TiredOldMan

Apr 24, 2018
Media
South Central Texas
Parrots
CAG Hen-Gracie age unknown, U2 Rooster-Anakin 13YO
I have a humidifier and air purifier running full time = plenty of white noise and I usually leave their TV on very low until 10. They go to bed at 7 and 8. Anakin goes down at 7 which leaves me and Gracie an hour for some true quality time. She usually fades on me about 8.

As far as I know they sleep purty sound until about 7 to 730.

Most Reactions

Latest posts