can throw lovebird egg or not ?

gurupts13

Jun 29, 2013
india,chennai
Parrots
10 lovebirds
i have 10 lovebirds, on 27jun2013 i seen a broken egg in cage then i throw it away. 28jun i see 3 eggs in first pat after that 29jun i saw 2 eggs in 2nd pat and 1 egg in 3rd pat....apart from that 1 egg in floor of cage..three lovebirds sits on each pat every time and its mates also.. now what i will have to do on that 1 egg on floor (its not broken)...and suggest me some foods to feed at this time and when that eggs will may hatch...now i feed Millet,fresh(pappy) corns,carrot,tomato and green leafs like parsley,Alternanthera sessilis. All time Water is provided...please give me some reply i am pretty new to own the lovebirds

cockatielgirl

Banned
Banned
May 30, 2013
Nottingham uk
Parrots
2 tiels,
molly~1 year old
and
tinker bell~3 year old
Hi have you got a nesting box if you do,put it up and old cardborad box would work to, line them with nesting material this should stop the eggs breaking
do you want your lovebirds to have chicks if not there medication you can give the to stop laying.
keep feeding them the same things you can also add cooked rice and veggies, birdie bread and egg food which you can bye from shops.
I would chuck broken eggs as they can coarse bacteria infections.
If you hold the eggs up to a keyring torch you can check if there fertilized.
Read up on hand feeding and and chick feeding formula that's all the info i can offer hope it helps :)

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Female Lovebirds can and will lay eggs together. IF the egg on the bottom isn't broken, you can place it in one of the boxes or whatever your using right now. A picture would be very helpful!

chippy

Feb 16, 2013
Parrots
2 Indian Ringnecks, Tiki (DH's) and Pippin (mine), 1 lovebird, Gemma (DD's) and 1 in birdy Heaven... RIP, Wilbur.
10 lovebirds for someone new to lovebirds seems a bit excessive, IMO... You aren't trying to be a breeder are you? I hope not... *worried*

Most Reactions

Latest posts