Carrier?

foxmacaw

May 6, 2022
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold baby macaw
We just brought home a baby blue and gold macaw this week. We've been transporting with a large dog crate that we've used for our Golden Retrievers, but obviously this is very unwieldy. We'd love to have something with wire sides that can't be chewed (and that it can see out of) and something with a top handle.

Any suggestions?

Cindylynn

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 7, 2022
Media
Albums
I just ordered this for my Harlequin macaw. It hasn't come in yet, so I can't say how I like it. But it has great reviews. I'll update when I get mine😃

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Honestly I would not go with a fully acrylic box for a transport cage. THe bird is going to totally roast in any sunlight, and there is not nearly enough ventilation on this one. The rolls royce of parrot carriers is a Pak-O-Bird. Expensive but the very top of the choices for comfort, usability, construction. IT really is a lifetime purchase.

Cindylynn

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Apr 7, 2022
Media
Albums
Honestly I would not go with a fully acrylic box for a transport cage. THe bird is going to totally roast in any sunlight, and there is not nearly enough ventilation on this one. The rolls royce of parrot carriers is a Pak-O-Bird. Expensive but the very top of the choices for comfort, usability, construction. IT really is a lifetime purchase.
Yeah, I definitely wouldn't use this as a long term thing. It's simply for car rides. Then when we reach our destination, he's harness trained. This carrier wouldn't be for "out and about" appropriate, I wouldn't think. Climate controlled, short car rides is what I was looking for/planning on 😃

Most Reactions

Latest posts