Celltei Shoulder Bag (Birdie Pouch) - Anyone have one?

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
So, we have the regular Pak-O mini (in medium size) for Kirby, but when we are driving I often notice him having to lean forward to brace himself on the sides of the carrier to balance. I am thinking about adding a rope perch or something to the inside so he can grab that instead, but that means I don’t have anywhere to put his food and water bowls.

I noticed that the over-the-shoulder “Birdie Pouch” Celltei puts out already has a secondary top perch for them to grab. Anyone have one? How well does it actually work on the shoulder? It’s pretty expensive so I don’t want to get it if it’s hard to fit or doesn’t work great, but it would be nice for our little fella to have an “oh crap!” bar to grab onto, lol.

𝕾𝖙𝖔𝖗𝖒𝖞𝕻𝖎𝖈𝖆

2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
So, we have the regular Pak-O mini (in medium size) for Kirby, but when we are driving I often notice him having to lean forward to brace himself on the sides of the carrier to balance. I am thinking about adding a rope perch or something to the inside so he can grab that instead, but that means I don’t have anywhere to put his food and water bowls.

I noticed that the over-the-shoulder “Birdie Pouch” Celltei puts out already has a secondary top perch for them to grab. Anyone have one? How well does it actually work on the shoulder? It’s pretty expensive so I don’t want to get it if it’s hard to fit or doesn’t work great, but it would be nice for our little fella to have an “oh crap!” bar to grab onto, lol.
Off topic, but I just noticed how weird some of their titles were.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Does your Pak-O-Bird have little loops at the top back of the inside? I walked with Opie last week and he just sits in the food or water bowl so he can balance, so i was thinking about trying to attach a rope perch or small boing unrolled from those two loops, to go in a u shape around the front of that makes sense.

I originally got the Pak-O-Bird as recommended for cotton because ARN tails are so long, but he fell a few times at stoplights :( so I ended up getting a little travel cage for him instead.

I've never seen that carrier- that looks awesome, Opie would LOVE to be facing forward!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Does your Pak-O-Bird have little loops at the top back of the inside? I walked with Opie last week and he just sits in the food or water bowl so he can balance, so i was thinking about trying to attach a rope perch or small boing unrolled from those two loops, to go in a u shape around the front of that makes sense.

I originally got the Pak-O-Bird as recommended for cotton because ARN tails are so long, but he fell a few times at stoplights :( so I ended up getting a little travel cage for him instead.

I've never seen that carrier- that looks awesome, Opie would LOVE to be facing forward!
Ohhh, yeah, it has metal toy attachments at the top. Wouldn’t the perch be kind of unsturdy though? I don’t usually put Kirby’s food and water in his Pak O for that exact dang reason! He just sits on the bowls and it’s terrible for his feet. But I’m hoping if I can find an alternative grabby bar he won’t want to do that lol.

Kirby has fallen over from me having to brake fast or even just uneven pavement when I’m walking, which is so stressful to me! I’m not sure how much it bothers him but I find myself checking his position every few minutes and anxious about it.

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
Cotton has balanced best on a free-hanging boing that can just swing when the carrier stops. I'm going to have to experiment with Opie and report back!

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Cotton has balanced best on a free-hanging boing that can just swing when the carrier stops. I'm going to have to experiment with Opie and report back!
Oh, let me know how it goes!! You’re my hero, seriously. My partner will kill me if I buy another $200 bird bag, LOL.

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Not a fan of bird tricks YT channel but they have introduced their own slant on the pak o bird carrier.
It solves some of the issues I have had with my pak o bird.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
Not a fan of bird tricks YT channel but they have introduced their own slant on the pak o bird carrier.
It solves some of the issues I have had with my pak o bird.

Oh, I see it! Hmm, how does it address the falling issue? The photos on their website are pretty terrible for working out how the interior looks. I mean, their CAG looks great in it, but I wanna see the nuts and bolts lol!

In the meantime I’m going to take a cue from Cotton and see if I can’t rig something for him to hold onto on the toy rings…

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
I only saw the video of Bird Tricks carrier once (like I said, not a fan of theirs).
The problem it looks like it solves is the center of weight.
If you try to put water in the pak o bird it's going to spill as soon as you pick it up.
I think trying to modify the pak o bird you have is probably easer and cheaper than buying a brand new carrier.

For me, I have more birds than I have carriers so I would buy a second something instead of trying to modify what I got.

I have been thinking about getting a Plexiglas type of backpack for use in the winter.
The pak o bird is a bit drafty when the weather is near freezing.

OP
ravvlet

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
~~~
I only saw the video of Bird Tricks carrier once (like I said, not a fan of theirs).
The problem it looks like it solves is the center of weight.
If you try to put water in the pak o bird it's going to spill as soon as you pick it up.
I think trying to modify the pak o bird you have is probably easer and cheaper than buying a brand new carrier.

For me, I have more birds than I have carriers so I would buy a second something instead of trying to modify what I got.

I have been thinking about getting a Plexiglas type of backpack for use in the winter.
The pak o bird is a bit drafty when the weather is near freezing.

Yeah, I am thinking the same thing! The Plexi ones stay pretty warm on the inside even when it’s 50-60 degrees & sunny; warm enough that I want to be outside and don’t want a jacket, but still too cold for Kirby. Plus, those are much MUCH cheaper - about $50 on Amazon or similar.

And yeah, I am going to have to just modify what I have; I tried to sell my partner on the shoulder bag but it looks like I may be replacing my busted up phone next month, so it’s not in the cards for me LOL. A plexi bag might be ok though! I am so frustrated that we have had a few hours here and there of sun, but it’s still 55-60 with a breeze so I can’t take him out in the Pak-O because the wind goes right through it.

Most Reactions

Latest posts