Challenging CAG Toys?

Tommy_Trauma

May 22, 2012
Indianapolis, In
Recently acquired an adoption CAG named Greyson. An absolutely fantastic easy going grey. He does have an abundance of hanging toys in his cage but hes not super interested in them other than the occasional peck or two. I feel he needs a challenge, but am unsure where I can buy him some challenging toys at. Any suggestions?

Cycletim

Mar 22, 2020
Ventura, California
Parrots
Jasper Congo African Grey,
Grover Red bellied parrot RIP 10/20,
Red bellied parrot Rheya
We buy our toys from planet pleasures. Our grey likes the macaw sizes big ones. We hide dry snacks and pellets in them, he loves shredding them to bits to get the treats out. At first we made sure he was watching us stuff them. Now he does not watch us but, knows they are in the toys. He gets all excited and spends 1/2 the day in his aviary trying to find them. He gets so excited to go outside to his aviary and get them. He lets us know right on time everyday lol. Foraging is important and can help our smart companions from getting bored and start feather plucking.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
There's a few plastic or lucite ones that are challenging. THere is one, a clear tube that has a little lever to pull on order to get the treat, in fact 3 levers. That one is pretty good in that the parrot can only get so much food or treats past all 3 levers. There are both wood and plastic versions of stacked drawers, usually 3, where you can hide treats. With colored pull cords, one could start color training.

OP
Tommy_Trauma

Tommy_Trauma

May 22, 2012
Indianapolis, In
Thank you everyone. I will get Greyson some of these. I worry already about him just sitting on his cage all day doing nothing. I do let him down and make him follow me around for some exercise, but can already tell he gets bored sitting on his cage.

Most Reactions

Latest posts