Chameleon!

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I finally went for it last summer & got my first chameleon after about 20 yrs of looking at them. I am not a huge lizard fan since they tend to require bugs often or just more hands on care in general. Give me a snake that eats once a month over multiple times a week. Plus, chameleons are just picky in general. But apparently I can deal with the bugs when I get to have chameleons. Iā€™m in love with them & should have gotten one years ago!

The first guy was a veiled chameleon. Came in August 2021! This is his baby photo.
fOFZshA.jpg

vs his adult photos!
ijskh38.jpg

grQgawy.jpg

tV3tExu.jpg

Of course once I was hooked I needed anotherā€¦.helmeted chameleon girl arrived Nov 2021.
wWrYigd.jpg

then helmeted chameleon boy arrived Feb 2022.
StG3gNe.jpg

and well the helmeted chameleon girl came harboring multiple secrets that she felt she should introduce me to on Feb 12th o_O
R9kjxJC.jpg

ThPefaI.jpg

0Rp8nWD.jpg

She had 11 of those minis & all 11 made it to 6 months. Here is a few of them from last week!
0Ha6GH1.jpg

9JYV4Sw.jpg

XPzrvuI.jpg

12xLqS5.jpg

JRZWuhg.jpg

And the last addition was a panther chameleon boy. He is an ambanja/boraha cross if anyone knows panthers. He came home Feb 26th. Photos from the first day until the most recent. Heā€™s not done coloring up quite yet! He also thinks everyone should die haha
w1FZPYY.jpg

6GtIYgd.jpg

rrdbpNx.jpg

Sa7UmKR.jpg

zUBTfPt.jpg

9kmtDe9.jpg

clark_conure

Jul 14, 2017
Media
Minnesota
Parrots
A crossover Quaker Scuti (F), A Sun conure named AC, A Cinnamon Green Cheek conure Kent, and 6 budgies, Scuti Jr. (f), yellow (m), clark Jr. (m), Dot (f), Zebra(f), Machine (m).
Image meme related...
Chameleons will grab anything you hand them.
DHcvSk0XYAA9F2U.jpg

But also parrots usually do.

There's a few memes about this you will enjoy.

Last edited:

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Good on you Mate. THey are among the hardest to keep thriving of all reptiles. THe fact your female birthed and then you maintained babies is awesome. Like you I always wanted to get some but the special care was a bit beyond my roving lifestyle when I was younger ( in my snake days), and the 2 Mrs Wrench's are not fond of reptiles in general. Keep the pics coming, man, they are spectacular!

Most Reactions

Latest posts