Parrots
White Eyed Conure--Shamus

Mitred Conure--Scarlet

Quakers--Kelly & Mr. Jingles

Tiels--Maria, Colonel and General

Green-cheek---Harley Bookins

Congos--Lucy and Bandit

American Keets--C
Cheepparrotoys has an e-group on Yahoo...I am a member, some of the people on that group are very creative!!

mrgoogls

May 6, 2012
Parrots
1 male Quaker-Cooper
very cool! i will be making a few(if a few is the same as a TON) :D

wjgonzalez

Apr 9, 2013
Does anybody have an opinion on the following, if I take a whole coconut, and skrew an eyelet screw in it, and hang it up, will an Amazon be able to chew through the shell, and get to the meat? It would make a unique and challenging foraging toy. And easy to make.

Last edited:

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
I just spotted this link too, it has some super ideas!

Newbirdmomma

Dec 11, 2015
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
Ok I could not figure out how to post something so I found the most relevant to my question! I just spent 2 day making my new baby a ( an 8 year old macaw) a play gym and he is totally scared of it does he just need time or do my hands hurt today for nothing?i am totally new at this bird thing so any help would be awesome!::blue1:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 413

TokiesMom

Nov 10, 2015
Media
Copala,Sinaloa, Mexico
Parrots
1 baby peach front conure, named Jackie.
what is the red and blue, you used for the non skid!!!!! We love it.....we need to build our Macaw a play pen...she LOVES being out.....

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
What did you use to cut the PVC? I have a ton but cutting it's my biggest problem!

Newbirdmomma

Dec 11, 2015
Media
Parrots
Blue and gold macaw
Pvc cutters! My husband does irrigation so we had all but the fitting already! And my hands do hurt today a saws all would work but I didn't want to chop my hand off.

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Pvc cutters! My husband does irrigation so we had all but the fitting already! And my hands do hurt today a saws all would work but I didn't want to chop my hand off.

I have a PVC cutter but it's a pain in the butt! I need a place to put my clamp so I can use my saw. I've been sitting with a half made stand for half a year lol

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
I have a PVC cutter but it's a pain in the butt! I need a place to put my clamp so I can use my saw. I've been sitting with a half made stand for half a year lol

I'm not too fond of my PVC cutter either. Takes too long, so I now use a cordless reciprocating saw. :D Just make sure to either hold on tight while you're using one, or - better yet - clamp the pieces down that you are cutting.

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Ok I could not figure out how to post something so I found the most relevant to my question! I just spent 2 day making my new baby a ( an 8 year old macaw) a play gym and he is totally scared of it does he just need time or do my hands hurt today for nothing?i am totally new at this bird thing so any help would be awesome!::blue1:

Give him some time to get used to it. That thing is big (and awesome) so he needs time to adjust.

rosembers

Nov 15, 2015

Hi! Your bird is probably unsure of the new toy gym, and I'm sure he will adjust and learn it's a good thing in time. You might try positive associations such as feeding him treats on it. Also, if you act like you're playing with it (like using your hands/face toward it in a happy mannor) he will probably get interested and observe from you that it's a-okay! :)

thegars

Jul 21, 2018
Media
Florida
Parrots
4 1/2 years old now CAG..got her at 14 weeks...Debbie is still clown! Now almost 4 1/2....never a dull moment!
Pretty sure his curiosity will take over with a little time...It looks awesome...btw...I use tubing cutters on my pvc....

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
Does anybody have an opinion on the following, if I take a whole coconut, and skrew an eyelet screw in it, and hang it up, will an Amazon be able to chew through the shell, and get to the meat? It would make a unique and challenging foraging toy. And easy to make.
What about breaking the coconut so the bird gets a big piece of shell and meat? Even if you took off some of the coconut meat for cooking it would still be a great treat. Set the eyelet into the shell as before.

I think that a whole coconut would be pretty hard for an amazon to get into.
I have drilled through nut shells to make them easier for my sisters mini macaws to get at but I don’t know how that worked.

Shez

Feb 17, 2022
What about breaking the coconut so the bird gets a big piece of shell and meat? Even if you took off some of the coconut meat for cooking it would still be a great treat. Set the eyelet into the shell as before.

I think that a whole coconut would be pretty hard for an amazon to get into.
I have drilled through nut shells to make them easier for my sisters mini macaws to get at but I don’t know how that worked.
The post you are answering is from 2013, I am not sure you will get a reply as that member does not seem to have been here since 2016.

Most Reactions

Latest posts