ChiChi throws some comical tantrums!!

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

💛Houdini~Sun Conure~2 yrs.💛
So I went to the store last night to grab a few things, of course I grabbed some snacks and new toys for ChiChi.

I came in the door, put things away and put the new toys in the bin under his cage...he assumed they were for him because he sat and chatted to them for quite a few mins! Then he climbed to the top of the cage and hollered at me!

I also got some new food bowls since the old ones weren't in very good shape...they are about the size of half a coconut shells. I put them in...he takes a bath in the water one. Throws seed and veggies out of the food one then proceeds to talk to the toys again.

I think his tantrum was over sometime after a good 30 mins!!

Do your conures throw tantrums?! He is surely a mess! Lol

DebsFlock

Banned
Banned
Jul 19, 2012
Los Angeles County, near Palmdale
Parrots
Scooter -- male Green Cheek Conure "Normal" but that's a matter of opinion! Hatched in March 2010

Scotty -- Male Cape Parrot hatched somewhere between 2007-2009 we think

Caballo Blanco -- male C
That sounds more like a play-fit than a tantrum! But yes, they do kinda. They also suffer from "I'm so excited I don't know what to do with myself so be careful!".

Bathing in the water dish is pretty normal behavior... I always feel guilty when Scooter does it, and I'll pick him up and offer him a "real" bath in the sink. He'll refuse, I'll change out his water, and he'll be in the dish again!

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

Yeah! Haha. ChiChi shoved himself in the smaller dishes I just replaced, they we clear and he had to like wriggle down in it. All you could see was feathers everywhere. Smooshed up against the sides of the dish haha. He is very fun to watch. Then I change the water and back in he goes.

I do think he suffers the so excited also. He just starts throwing things and hanging off of stuff. Like he has a sudden sugar high!

ConureCrazy

Jun 13, 2012
Media
California
Parrots
Senegal: Oliver ~~
Yellow-Sided GCC's: Bella and Zora ~~
R.I.P Tweeters the Cockatiel<3
Haha! My girlies are the same. They perch next to the window to see their reflections because during some time in the day, the sun is in the perfect spot to see your reflection, lol. So anyways, they stand next to the window and give kisses to themselves for around an hour. When the sun moves and their reflection goesn away, they get mad and scream and scream. They think it's MY fault and throw their toys at me, lol. It only lasts for about 10 minutes, though. =P

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

I was making toys for him the other day and he had a fit about the beads. I think he was excited about the new toys. But he took them out of the bag one at a time and dropped them on the table....he's watch them closely tilting his head and watch them bounce on the table onto the floor. Then grab another one. Mischievous lil birds!

ann

Feb 18, 2011
USA
Parrots
1 nanday conure Black Jack, 1 Brotogeris parakeet Whiff, 1 ring neck dove Eliza, and 6 society finches (3 are tame). RIP my parent pairs of societies and my little gouldian finches
LOL conures are so silly :p. my nanday chews everything he can get, he hasn't shown his silly side yet, but he was trying to stretch and accidentally rolled over :D. conures are fearless! in the three days we've had him, he is up for anything lol. chichi sounds like a real fun birdie!

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
My Yak-Yak does this. She assumes everything is for her. Carlisle and the budgies don't exist in her mind. She'll get excited over the dumbest things and act like a total fool. She got excited over her baby keys. She's had them for a long time and I pulled them out the other day to clean them because she somehow pooped on them (gross). And in the 3 minutes they were gone from her cage I guess she forgot them. I put them in and she ran around in circles at the bottom of her cage making happy "barking" noises before playing with them for 15 minutes straight. Now I always catch her messing with them. She loves when I come home from the store with snackies. Carlisle and the budgies are kind of 'meh' about new stuff, not Kayak. She is easily amused and easily impressed.

OP
Lovelyloribeth

Lovelyloribeth

Jul 15, 2012
Georgia
Parrots
💙ChiChi~GCC~2 yrs.💙
💚Red~IRN~4 mos.💚

I rotate toys sometimes. It's like taking toys out for the first time ever! He is nuts. Lol. It's like when I have juice or a sandwich, he's always walking rapidly back and forth across my shoulders bobbing head! Like he's about to get whiplash! He thinks they are his because occasionally I share! Not every single one is yours, ChiChi!

Most Reactions

Latest posts