Christmas Time

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Hello and Merry Christmas :) I am an old guy and not sure if this is how i make a post. So here goes:)
I have had conversations about my First Christmas with Moses my Ecky :) i decided to raise the Christmas Tree on a platform and since his wings are clipped he does not jump on to the cotton surrounding tree. One day there was a chair close to the tree so he did jump on the platform (or is it flatform:) he likes to throw the little houses overboard:) removing the chair he has not go on the platform now:)
What do you all do keep your guy or girl off the tree:) Thank you and God Bless
azflcowboy (yes i had a ranch in prescott and now home in florida citrus county:) and i rode police horses and k-9 (did not ride the k-9) but moses best friend is my retired 13 year old German Shepherd
Moses will tell Duchess "Want to go for car ride" and guess what we are going for a ride in the bird/dog van i bought for my two guys:))) Bless You and Bless our guys and girls:)

Attachments

• IMG_20221126_093230388.jpg
    IMG_20221126_093230388.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 42

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Merry Christmas to you as well! And BTW, thank you for your service! I like your tree setup there. Great idea to keep your guy from climbing on it. My setup is quite different. I have high ceiling in the living room and typically go out and get a live tree around 15-16 feet. We have a doggie play pen that we set up to go around the tree. Otherwise, the dogs drag all the decorations off every time they walk under or near it. My birds don't bother with the tree much. My YNA is flighted, but has little interest in actually doing it, so she's a non issue. Tucker, my ekkie boy is a VERY skilled flyer and has landed on the tree about once a season, and then decides it's not his best decision. Too prickly for his taste and I have to go rescue him. 🤣
This year we have a new wild card with Avery, the grey. He's made incredible progress in the two weeks we've had him, but not flighted so well after being cage bound for 15 years. He's flapped enough to break his fall so far, but hasn't really tried to fly yet. No muscle mass to speak of, but we'll get him there when he's ready. I'm excited to see how he reacts to the Christmas decorations and festivities... and presents! :)

OP
azflcowboy

azflcowboy

Oct 20, 2022
Parrots
Solomon Island Eclectus (Male)
Merry Christmas to you as well! And BTW, thank you for your service! I like your tree setup there. Great idea to keep your guy from climbing on it. My setup is quite different. I have high ceiling in the living room and typically go out and get a live tree around 15-16 feet. We have a doggie play pen that we set up to go around the tree. Otherwise, the dogs drag all the decorations off every time they walk under or near it. My birds don't bother with the tree much. My YNA is flighted, but has little interest in actually doing it, so she's a non issue. Tucker, my ekkie boy is a VERY skilled flyer and has landed on the tree about once a season, and then decides it's not his best decision. Too prickly for his taste and I have to go rescue him. 🤣
This year we have a new wild card with Avery, the grey. He's made incredible progress in the two weeks we've had him, but not flighted so well after being cage bound for 15 years. He's flapped enough to break his fall so far, but hasn't really tried to fly yet. No muscle mass to speak of, but we'll get him there when he's ready. I'm excited to see how he reacts to the Christmas decorations and festivities... and presents! :)
Hello
Yes you also seem to have it under control with the Christmas tree. I will see how he does when i put the HO trains under the tree, but i think he will be ok, as he does seem interested in the tree but likes the hanging ornaments :))
Yes, my moses is also my PTSD from Vietnam Support Service Animal and he does his job of keeping PTSD veterans like myself relaxed and he also does not like loud noises and fireworks like me:)))
He is only 3 years old but as others have told me he gets used to my routine and habit, right now he is waiting for me to come in family room to watch college football:) he laughs and cheers when the crowds cheer, Ninja Warrior is one of his favorite shows:)) thanks again and God Bless

Most Reactions

Latest posts