Cleaning an Ultrasonic Humidifier

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
I cleaned an ultrasonic humidifier with some dish soap before thinking to research if it was safe to clean a humidifier with dish soap. Itā€™s safe for humans to clean one with dish soap, but what about parrots? I rinsed it really well and canā€™t smell dish soap anymore, and Iā€™ve ran it through and I donā€™t smell dish soap in the mist either. Should it be safe to be in the same room as Desoto my GCC?

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Thank you for taking the time to double check as somethings are dangerous for Parrots.
If you have a choice, Dawn Original Dishwashing soap is my favorite.

It sounds like you have chased the major concerns of added scents and moisturizers away and have cleaned /raised all the soap residue as well. Job, well done.

OP
DeSoto

DeSoto

Aug 15, 2021
Parrots
Conure
Thank you for taking the time to double check as somethings are dangerous for Parrots.
If you have a choice, Dawn Original Dishwashing soap is my favorite.

It sounds like you have chased the major concerns of added scents and moisturizers away and have cleaned /raised all the soap residue as well. Job, well done.
Thanks so much!!! I love my little dude. Everything that comes in this room is double-checked :) in that case Iā€™ll start using dawn every time I clean it :)

Most Reactions