Clipping Meyers toenails

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
So, Jasper has some long sharp nails. I’m trying to figure out how to clip them since he worked his way out of the towel burrito after only two nails were trimmed.

He’s starting to remind me of an owl. His nails are so long I’m sure he could catch chipmunks with his feet. He’s starting to be too sharp to hold.

And I feel guilty for upsetting him because he’s sitting on my other hand squeak- whistling “I love you” while I plot.

Is there some way to make this easier? I don’t know who could help me with this. Maybe I should take him to be groomed. But I am rather broke and don’t have a place in mind. ???

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
I hate to clip my birds nails too, my Gcc and one of my budgies are the only ones who ever need it usually. With my Gcc I get him to climb on the cage walls and hold a seed or fav treat in one hand and make it hard for him to get it out of my finger while I use my other hand to clip his nails through the bars, it takes awhile but it works.

OP
HeatherG

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020
I am just getting one or two nails clipped at a time (with Jasper In a towel burrito) and being happy. We will be done in a few tries. He doesn’t seem to be holding a grudge.

Most Reactions

Latest posts