Cockatiel Cage

GBishop

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Currently don't own any but looking to adopt soon :)
Hey everyone!

I've been extensively researching trying to decide between a conure and a cockatiel and ended up deciding on a cockatiel. However, I have been finding conflicting information everywhere as to what the best cage size is for them. I study from home and am at home basically 24/7 so the cage will really only be for sleeping and when I have online meetings but I would still like to make it large. What would you guys recommend as good dimensions for a decent sized cage? Is it always "bigger is better" or is it possible to go too large and have them feel a bit exposed?

Thanks heaps!

Ria.345

Banned
Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
I'm not good with numbers so excuse me on that end. Even though I'm not sure of dimensions, I definitely can let you know that the standard flight cage and any flight cage is really good size for cockatiels.

Dozi

Apr 3, 2022
England
Parrots
Cockatiels:
- D'ion
- Bobbi
- Milo
- Chui
- Astro (Coming soon!)

Conures:
- Omei

This is the cage that I use for two cockatiels, although it feels much bigger in person! My birds are out for pretty much the entire day, only being in the cage to sleep, relax and eat. It's perfect for when I'm out for a while though and I need to leave them in! It's pretty deep and has a surprising amount of space.

1649051359428.png

A lot of people would recommend that you go as big as your budget can, however. No bird is really meant to be caged or kept inside a house, so the best that we can do is make it as comfortable as possible for them! A cage around this size would be excellent! I just couldn't find any like it where I live.

1649051602180.png

OP
G

GBishop

Apr 2, 2022
Parrots
Currently don't own any but looking to adopt soon :)
Awesome, thanks guys!

HeatherG

Apr 25, 2020

This is the cage that I use for two cockatiels, although it feels much bigger in person! My birds are out for pretty much the entire day, only being in the cage to sleep, relax and eat. It's perfect for when I'm out for a while though and I need to leave them in! It's pretty deep and has a surprising amount of space.

View attachment 38024

A lot of people would recommend that you go as big as your budget can, however. No bird is really meant to be caged or kept inside a house, so the best that we can do is make it as comfortable as possible for them! A cage around this size would be excellent! I just couldn't find any like it where I live.

View attachment 38025
Dang, thatā€™s a bird castle!

Most Reactions

Latest posts