Cockatiel chirping

PoppytheCockatiel

Oct 31, 2021
Parrots
Cockatiel Poppy
For the past few months, Poppy would randomly sit at the bottom part of her favorite perch (the perch she sleeps on and cleans on) and chirp at something outside for a good 5 minutes. She would pick it back up again later. She would just chirp at a constant speed and bob her head a bit. Itā€™s not annoying, but Iā€™m worried about her. The chirping is really strangeā€¦did she see something weird outside? We do get hawks. Is she ok?

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
If she doesn't show signs of fear while doing it...she's okay. But if she does seem scared, do something about it.

Emeral

Sep 16, 2021
Parrots
Hanhs Macaw
For the past few months, Poppy would randomly sit at the bottom part of her favorite perch (the perch she sleeps on and cleans on) and chirp at something outside for a good 5 minutes. She would pick it back up again later. She would just chirp at a constant speed and bob her head a bit. Itā€™s not annoying, but Iā€™m worried about her. The chirping is really strangeā€¦did she see something weird outside? We do get hawks. Is she ok?
Does she see her own reflection on the glass window? she might be trying to talk to another bird? So no worries.

My Emerald listen to wide bird outside and gave lound respond. (She is more interested in talking to other birds than talking to me) When I take her outside in her small cage to sit, her eyes widen, she looks relax and content to feel the wind and the Sunray on her.

Most Reactions

Latest posts