cockatiel shivering

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
1 cockatiel named pikachu^^
So pikachu is shivering but

When she is about to poop she gets all fluffy and shivery and bobs her tail once but after her pooping shes still shivering anyone know why?

Talven

Banned
Banned
May 4, 2019
Australia
It will be one of three things as far as I can guess.

1. Pikachu is cold
2. Pikachu is very frightened
3. Pikachu is sick

My best suggestion would be to put Pikachu back in her cage and keep her warm. If she is still shivering after that consider going to an Avian vet for a checkup.

OP
birbsRcool

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
It will be one of three things as far as I can guess.

1. Pikachu is cold
2. Pikachu is very frightened
3. Pikachu is sick

My best suggestion would be to put Pikachu back in her cage and keep her warm. If she is still shivering after that consider going to an Avian vet for a checkup.
I think she was trying to relax or was cold, she stopped now and actually is hot because we canadians arent used to 20+ weather haha. She looks alright, i'll see later to see if she starts shivering again. She might have been cold cause that was after i gave her a small flick of water because of the weather

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Just remember, they cannot regulate temperature like people, so that is why drafts can be so dangerous...same with fans and AC vents....also, this is why you shouldn't put them to bed wet. Think about how cold you feel when you get out of the shower and imagine that your body couldn't handle that.

OP
birbsRcool

birbsRcool

Jun 15, 2020
Media
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Oh! I make sure to dry her off before continuing play or putting her back. I make sure to bathe her not too much and in the hottest part of the day.

Most Reactions

Latest posts