Cockatiel travel carrier?

Georgie

Jun 1, 2012
Does anyone have any good suggestions for a little travel cage for a cockatiel sized bird? I know I will need one to take it home/to the vet but I have no idea what people use. I don't need a true travel cage that it could live in for awhile, just a little carrier if I need to take it in the car for a short trip.

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
This is what I use, got it at petsmart.....small animal carrier. Works great for vet visits for a green cheek. Would definitely work for cockatiel for short trips. It has mesh on one side and both ends.
View attachment 4123

View attachment 4124

Last edited:
OP
G

Georgie

Jun 1, 2012
I wasn't sure if that type of carrier would work, but I am pleased to know that it does. Is there any concern about the bird not being able to grip a perch?

dishgal1

May 1, 2012
Texas
Parrots
Forrest -Yellow sided Green Cheek Conure, Nacho- Sun Conure
Mine doesn't have a problem at all. Remember these are short trips.
I put a potty pad in the bottom. I wouldn't want to keep him in it for hours. After he goes to the vet he is glad to go back in and snuggle down. He thought they were killing him when they clipped his toenails. LOL
When he sees it he crawls in because it usually means we are going to my daughter's house to play with her GCC.

Mayden

Apr 22, 2010
UK.
Parrots
Merlin & Charlie (Senegals)
I used a plastic cat carrier and just put a perch or two in, works fine and is usually cheaper than bird ones. :)

evesta

Mar 22, 2012
Nebraska
Parrots
House and Wilson-Lineolated Parakeet Brothers
I saw a cute little floral one at a bird shop I was at. I think I've seen the same one at My safe bird store. It was inexpensive and had a perch.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
I use a 15" x15"x15" travel cage made from 1/2 x 1" wire. I use a perch near the bottom. It works great for transporting tiels. I can put several in the back seat with no problem. I also use this same cage as a emergency evacuation cage and i have about 30 of them. i use them for both amazons and tiels.

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I have got a travel cage for Mishka BUT he prefers going on journeys in a picnic basket
He can see out it clearly and has never complained LoL

Most Reactions

Latest posts