Cockatiels

Birdman4167

Sep 29, 2022
Parrots
CBC
Are cockatiels very noisy? I live in a senior apartment and the neighbors might complain then I would have to let the parrot go. Any advice?

Ledagcc

Parrot of the Month šŸ†
May 24, 2022
Media
Albums
Parrots
Mabel-Yellow sided green cheek conure. Hatch-Day 5 of February.
Are cockatiels very noisy? I live in a senior apartment and the neighbors might complain then I would have to let the parrot go. Any advice?
As we've discussed, cockatiels can definitely produce some pretty loud screams. The thing is, though, that they generally don't, which is why they're classified as one of the quieter parrot species. As with other parrots, cockatiel noise levels vary throughout the day.

JimsBrother

Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2022
Parrots
Uncle to Bebee
and Amy
They have the ability to make a loud screech when they want something. My bird does that when he wants attention. But once I acknowledge him he stops. Other than that he whistles sweet songs.

OP
B

Birdman4167

Sep 29, 2022
Parrots
CBC
They have the ability to make a loud screech when they want something. My bird does that when he wants attention. But once I acknowledge him he stops. Other than that he whistles sweet songs.
Thank you.

Rosalindagg

Sep 19, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel, Conure, Parakeets
Female cockatiels tend to be quieter than males. Iā€™ve had both and my female was always the quite one but she would still screech for attention

Kriss

Oct 7, 2022
Los Angeles
Parrots
Lorie
Only when the are in need of something like food or need to be out of the cage. It's can also depend on the cockatiel and the training there have been having.

Most Reactions

Latest posts