Banned
Jun 23, 2021
New York City
Parrots
Sun Conure and Umbrella Cockatoo
GUYS GUYS GUYS!!!
I HAVE NEWSSSS!
Okay back to professional ish mode.
So for context, I decided to sit on the steps with Cody while June was busy with my dad. Got his harness on and we were ready to be stared at by the entire neighborhood and everyone walking by.
The usual.
I was just chatting away with Cody about Ramadan and the usual everyday topics. Weird I know.
This one lady came up to me and Cody (at that point Cody got really scared) and was very mesmerized and shocked to see a little 12 year old looking gal with a whole parrot on her hand. In the middle of a busy neighborhood.
She started asking lots of questions about Cody. Things like his name, his specie, if he flies, his talking ability, his cage, his temperament. All of that! And I was shocked because I was so used to just seeing people stare and walk by, with the occasional "I like your bird". But she surprised me!
So I ended up ranting to her about Cody individually and we took about 10 minutes just discussing (or rather me blabbing) about parrots and their care and how poorly they're misunderstood. And yeah!
I thought that was a cool experience. Teaching a non bird person a little snippet into bird life! I really like it! It also helped me to get out of my shell a little bit! Lol.
Anyways, Cody and I are back home and ready to do this again someday!

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
You are such a marvelous ambassador for Cody and for 'toos/parrots everywhere! What a neat encounter! I bet Cody didn't expect that either 😄

Cottonoid

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 20, 2022
What the heck, I thought I'd replied to the video (I've certainly watched it a bunch!)

I LOVE Cody kind of silhouetted against those curtains! Gorgeous and he's even more gorgeous!

Ramadan Mubarak, Ria 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

Latest posts