Concern about my conure

Nibblesisvibing

Jun 21, 2021
Hey guys so I have a slight concern about my birds. I noticed on their neck and chest they are two different colors with the neck being more orange-pink and their stomach being red-purple. I have a vet appointment set up for them but the earlist I could get was Augest. I was wondering if this is more so a case that is immaidate concern then waiting that long. Also for more information they have been acting pretty normal and we've even updated their diet more recently which they seem to be enjoying. I try to give them fresh fruits and veggies when I can (they like fruit more but veggies are obviously number 1). I attached an image just incase if I didn't describe it well.
197886854_821461088473833_1185624121230055834_n.jpg

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I don?t have any answers for you, but this reply will bump you up and someone more knowledgeable may see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kitekeeper

Jun 19, 2021
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Parrots
Budgerigar (Bud), Pacific Parrotlet (Sam), Roseicollis lovebird (BJ and Turq), Linneolated parakeet (Charlie and Emma)
Hi,

Birds have a quite transparent skin. Wherever there are more blood vessels the darker will be the skin aspect. Orange skin seems to be more associated with less vascularized parts. Stomach area on the other hand, is a region with internal organs that tend to be more vascularized thus darker. A veterinary will answer you properly however.

Please let us posted regarding the vet visit.

Most Reactions

Latest posts